• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  another twist of the knife; turn of the screw [brujo]
    I've found myself spending more and more time in the forest. It's quiet there, away from the kingdom's occupants and their snarling, smoky ways. I've been a fish among dragons for such a long time, and it's getting exhausting. So the woods it is. The trees cast deep shadows that mute my electric coat by shades. 

It's peaceful in the dappled light. Too peaceful, really, but the change of scenery is welcome. Until the snapping of branches overhead jerks my attention upwards. A flurry of flailing legs and scattered leaves heralded the shattering of my peaceful morning. Joy. 

My ears twist with dull interest as the autumn coated horse drops from the sky. A flicker of a grin twitches my lips as the sunlight glints on the jagged points of his antlers. "That's one way to make an entrance." I observed blandly. My head tilted to one side as the heavy-breathing stag got his bearings, the gold tinted fin of my crest flipping from one side to the other. 

"You lost?" I ask, noting the uneasy look in his eyes. I haven't decided just yet, to be naughty or nice. Could go either way, but I'm feeling a little sweeter than usual today. Almost nice, even. The white blocks of my teeth shine in the half light as I offer him a smile, the lightning scars that cobweb my shoulders and haunches flickering with my heartbeat. 

@[Warbird]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: another twist of the knife; turn of the screw [brujo] - by Rebelle - 12-23-2019, 02:21 PM