• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and in the end i saw // gluttony

do you think God stays in his heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

He had wanted to learn to fly but he had not expected his first lesson to come so soon after she agreed to mentor him. He spread his wings and mimicked her with a powerful beat of his wings, launching him into the air behind her. She told him when to bank and when to coast, how to feel for warm drafts of air that would lift him higher. Gluttony pointed out landmarks below and he noted the rivers – the endless depths of chilly blue – that spelled out just where he was. His hearted hammered against his ribs but a smile formed across his scarred face in spite of his absolute terror.

But now, now it is time to land. He keeps his talons tucked against his belly as they dip closer to the ground. At least Pangea has few trees for him to crash into, he thinks as they approach a wide canyon that is ideal for his first attempt at landing. He swallows hard and extends his legs, talons spread wide to dig into the red clay and slow his speed. It jolts him when he meets the ground and he gasps. But it takes only seconds for him to come to a stop but he trembles with the remaining adrenaline pulsing through his veins.

Ghaul lifts his horned head and turns to gluttony, nervous laughter erupting from him as he skitters to her side. Like a highly pleased cat, he nuzzles the corner of her jaw in thanks. His wings gently fold over his back as he pulls away at last in an effort to calm himself once more.

I will need more practice, but I think I like flying,” he laughs breathlessly as he shifts his weight. His tail snaps against his legs with the lingering nerves but he settles for the most part. “This is Pangea, where Anaxarete is our queen and my mentor.

He turns and looks out across his home for a moment as he remembers watching Litotes disappear into the horizon very near here. A part of him is sad that his father was not here to see him fly for the first time, but perhaps he will be just as delighted to see him when he returns. If he returns. Sorrow has always found it easy to bloom between his ribs but he pushes it down for now to look to Gluttony once more.

Is it to your liking, Gluttony?"

ghaul

@[Gluttony]