• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  where the wind’s like a whetted knife
    oceane
    to the lonely sea and sky

There's a palpable moment of hesitation after Oceane introduces herself and inquires of the stallion before her; she makes note to ask Castile about the gilded leopard the next time she finds a moment to converse with him in the foothills, but for now she finds reason — in the form of approaching hoofbeats — to brush the stallion's tentativeness off.

The blue roan is unfamiliar, but even before she has finished her approach Oceane knows that she is not Noah. The girl is much too young to be in charge of the Pampas, despite the quiet of the place, and there is no displayed familiarity between the roan and the gilded stallion.

She introduces herself as Alija, prompting another nod of greeting from the gleaming opal mare before her attention is drawn back to the stallion by his gruff voice. Respectfully, Oceane listens with fluttering ears and the smallest implication of a smile returns to the corners of her mouth — if she is not mistaken, it almost sounds as if he could be warning her.

"I've no doubt the Pampas is well protected. Have you lived here long, Aodhan?"

If anything, it illustrates his loyalty for the Pampas and — by extension — for Loess.

"Oceane," she introduces herself again for the benefit of Alija before falling into silence and allowing Aodhan to take point on helping the young roan woman find her family's land.

@[Aodhan] & @[Alija] | "speaks"
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the wind’s like a whetted knife - by Oceane - 12-27-2019, 04:18 PM