• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pretty butterfly; Oceane

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The pearlescent purple mare is troubled by more than what Ilma could possibly have said to her - certainly she had not seen anything about the boy being killed or taken away, she knows this. So, she could not have said it - but as Oceane admits first that she can’t spill about her past, or so it seems, and then that she can’t lose him, it seems that whatever she had said in her blackout is something that might have implicated this.

”Who said anything about you losing him?” Did she? She didn’t think so but was she sure she hadn’t said so? She shakes her head, it can’t be true, and if she did, now is a good time to deny it. ”I told you the future is not set in stone. They won’t be able to blame you, Oceane. Nor your boy.” Ilma shakes her head. She knows that both Lepis and Sochi will blame Castile, and rightly so - that if they won’t, she herself might tell them that they should. He’s the one who never told the two women about one another, so it’s his own mess. That doesn’t mean that the tigress and the dun pegasus would like to see the constant reminder of the dragon’s unfaithfulness, but still.

”No.” She shakes her head at Oceane’s question, instinctively adding what the fairies had gifted her with; a feeling of peace emitting from the mare, subtly this time, not as strong as once with Noah, to help calm the near-mother down. There was no hesitation in her voice, not because she had looked into the future to see, but because she was somehow certain. She knew Lepis would never hurt a child for his parents’ sins, and even if someone would want to, Ilma doesn’t think Castile would let anyone hurt his kids. Moreover, ”And should they still try, which I don’t think they will, then I won’t let them.”

Ilma moves a little closer to the worrying mare, stretching out to touch her on the cheek. ”I’ll be there if you need me. I promise.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Oceane] if you feel like Oceane or Alcinder needs some sort of defender at any time, just tag her. I’ll work in some precognition for her to be around exactly when she is needed Wink
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time