• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pretty butterfly; Oceane

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Oceane is bright and cheerful, a mare that Ilma takes an instant liking to. Her own explanation sufficient and informing the purple pegasus well enough, the topic slightly alters when she mentions her dislike of war. Of course, the ethereal mare agrees, giving a nod and a sad smile. ”You’d be surprised how many would find it necessary, just to make a point.” Yes, she thinks, she would - she knows she would. A mark on the world and lives lost in a battle for dominance. A child following their father to war thinking it an adventure. Dragons attacking volcanoes.

To let the Tephrans be an example. Because that’s what it was. No-one was to cross Loess’ path to power. Retaliation was the one and only answer that could be given if someone dared. She shakes her head at the memory - his explaining it to her in the meadow, and not realizing how wrong he had been. How wrong he still was. Violence was never the only solution, but her words had not landed, only flown against the electric fence and crackled there.

Her own sudden outburst has caused the winged mare to falter only a tiny bit, for which Ilma scolds herself. Her precognition can sometimes get the better of her, but when she needs it, it seems not to be willing. Perhaps pretending it isn’t there would work better, but no, that would certainly cause even more weird remarks like this one.

Ilma smiles knowingly when Oceane mentions she can’t give an update, not diplomacy-wise. ”I wasn’t asking about your alliances. But enough about - “ A shake of head. ”Careful. They won’t want to see him. His existence will upset her.” A shudder follows - ”...men. If you can’t tell me about your alliances, I can tell you about mine.” she offers with a smile. To her, nothing happened - it’s probably not the first time she zoned out, as strong visions would, but it is the first time someone else would notice.

She pauses a moment, her amber eyes warm but distant as she looks north. ”Heartfire told me not to forgive, but it’s not my style. I must, if I’m to make connections once more. I just don’t think I’m ready right now, so I won’t bother you with the politics of Nerine and Loess, or Taiga. Nerine, Loess, Tephra, Island Resort, Ischia and the Pampas though, all harbor some who are dear to me. That’s where Loess comes back in view.” Ilma gives a knowing smile. ”Just not it’s leader right now, I think. Luckily you guys have plenty of residents to get to know better.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Oceane] I’m not sure this is any good but it is text for you to read
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 12-26-2019, 09:18 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-13-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-14-2020, 06:36 PM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-15-2020, 08:44 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-22-2020, 10:43 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-24-2020, 10:01 PM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-27-2020, 02:41 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-28-2020, 01:20 PM