• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta

The gold marking on her face is still strange to think of but it feels perfect when it is traced by his lips. As if his touch finally makes it a part of her skin. She closes her eyes as he does this, understanding what it feels like to think your heart can be so full it may burst. She’s never had a marking before, nothing but the scars of her lives and even those were erased when she had come back in this white form. Nothing of the general, the warrior, from before except what had been carved into her heart.

She cannot think of the gold marking without thinking of her new friend with the unfortunate name, but it is difficult to think of anyone, or anything, else when Plume is so close to her.

How can she be this lucky? It all still feels like a dream, like something she is going to wake up from only to find herself alone in the wilderness like so many nights before. If it is a dream, she hopes she never wakes.

If all of Agetta’s doubts and concerns don’t evaporate with Plume’s joyful laughter, then at least the majority of them fizzle out. She laughs too, releasing all of her nerves as she does, when he removes the space between them and covers her face with kisses. His words bring out her own happiness, her head spinning with the joy of this moment. How utterly impossible it would have felt just a short time ago. She's not sure she's ready to be a mother again after failing so many of her other children... but with Plume, those worries feel out of reach. Everything is just so much simpler with him by her side.

Now that they have been reunited, she cannot fathom how she survived so long without his charm and his presence. Without that beautiful smile that can still make her heart race after all these years.

“I know this new Beqanna is strange and maybe we don’t belong here but now… we have a new start. We can find a home. We can raise our foal.” And then one final word, softer than the rest and spoken against his skin. “Together.”

Agetta

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta - by Agetta - 01-15-2020, 08:27 PM