• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta

Will it be like this for the rest of her days, this combination of heartbreak and joy? Perhaps this is simply a side-effect of living as long as she has, of being granted a second life and now what feels like a third. She feels like she could outshine the sun with this new life that is growing within her heart and her belly, with the love that she feels. Each touch, each kiss, from Plume makes her feel it all anew again and she hopes this will never fade. His love permeates every cell in her body. It is not hard to see why she felt like a ghost when this this is life.

Even the sadness when he mentions their other children is not the same sadness she has known throughout her life because she does not carry the burden alone. She is not torturing herself with whether or not she failed her children - she is remembering them, loving them. Agetta cannot see his face but her eyes close at the same moment she does. Her breathing hitches and she turns her neck to rest her head against his as he rests his head against her back. 

“I miss them so much.” She whispers, letting the grief wash over her - wash over them both - for a moment longer. She doesn’t know where they are, but the mere fact that they aren’t with them is enough.

Before they can drown in their grief, she speaks again to try to bring back some of the warmth they had basked in only moments ago. “I think it’s a girl.” She hadn’t carried many daughters and something about this pregnancy feels different so she’s allowing herself to hope.

Agetta

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta - by Agetta - 01-28-2020, 08:08 PM