• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    It was difficult to reconcile the boy who had crash landed into the ocean with such exuberance with the grim-faced stallion now standing beside her. They seemed two very different creatures. For all that Aquaria certainly had quick moods, she was slow to develop real hated toward anyone. Yet she found herself very nearly hating a mare she'd never even met for the effect she had enacted on her friend. 

It's almost a shock when he wraps his wing about her, the same embrace she'd enjoyed over the years that made her feel so very warm. Standing together like this, with Halcyon frolicking before them, she was sure they almost looked like a family. It was a pretty lie, but one she had longed for with dwindling hope. His heart would never be hers, it was no secret. But it also did not belong to the mare he'd been settled with, and that was as much a tragedy as she could imagine. 

There's a mild feeling of disappointment when the winged stallion shrugs off her offer of aid. She wanted to help, to make this all better for him by any means she was capable of. Yet he seemed intent on bearing the weight of this predicament on his own. Stubborn man, that he would rather be a martyr than to save himself. 

Heavy feeling weighed the pair down, and for a long moment, the nereid didn't know what to say. To curse his noble nature? To beg him to seek salvation through his mother, it's even by the king his wife had been sourced from? None of these seemed like answers he would accept or act on. So she sighed and pressed the length of herself against his body, thankful for the small mercy that was this time together. "If she will be there no matter how long you are gone, then stay as long as you like." She offered, and together they could push reality away for a time. 

If she could offer him a little distraction, the relief he had sought by coming here, perhaps it would give him strength to resist the inexorable direction his life seemed to be running in. With a faint attempt at a smile, she rubbed her forehead against his neck, carefully avoiding the patches of half-healed skin. "Come on, then. If you're going to spend the day, I won't have you moping. I think Hal might have about got his fish." She observed, knowing their time for private conversation was coming to an end. They would play pretend today. It was what they were best at. 

@[Pteron p

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 01-11-2020, 01:15 PM