• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

She had left for her usual morning circuit of the main island. The daily task did double duty of both exercise and patrol of her home, as her path kept her near the edge of the shore, close enough to see those dwelling on the beaches. 

Like most other mornings, she had left Halcyon in their sandy cove, the tigerling snoring softly in pre-dawn light. It was part of the rhythm finding him had set her days to. Before, she had wandered freely, on and off the island. Since discovering the striped bout, however, she had found herself less willing to venture out, had wanted to keep him near and safe, and since swimming was not his natural talent, that often meant they kept to the island. 

He was growing quickly, though, and she had been planning a trip to the mainland. There were places there she knew he'd adore, and he was big enough now to mind himself well when they traveled. Taiga, especially, seemed a likely destination. Hal would enjoy the massive trees, the skittering squirrels and hares that he could practice stalking. As good as he'd gotten at fishing, the challenge might intrigue him. Maybe today she'd bring it up, to see what he thought of the idea. 

It was with this train of thought that the pearl nereid returned to her home, the water's warm about her as the sun rose in the sky. Her swim had been uneventful, the residents of the island at peace in the morning and no questionable newcomers made themselves known. She was serene as the the cove opened its arms to welcome her home. 

The serenity faltered as the scene on the beach revealed itself, the two males standing with tense uncertainty between them. She called out as soon as she was near enough not to shout. "Hal! It's alright." She assured as the water released her onto the sand. She shook off the dripping saltwater from her glossy scales, trying not to soak her son or her guest. With a beaming smile, the seamare turned to the winged stallion standing on her shore. 

"Pteron! Welcome back!" She stepped forward to touch her lips delicately to his cheek in a briney kiss. "I see you and Halcyon have met." She grinned ruefully toward the boy, who's form was as equine as he ever let it become. She nuzzled the tuft of striped fur between his ears affectionately, planting a kiss on his forehead before letting the boy pull away. "My fierce protector." 

Her expression was full of soft pride as she returned her gaze to the pale pegasus who had joined them. "I'm sorry I haven't visited recently. Things have been a bit- busy, here. How are you? Do you have time to join us for breakfast?" She asked, settling Pteron immediately into their morning routine.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 12-31-2019, 12:28 PM