• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your waves are pulling me under; any
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Eva doesn’t miss the mirror image of his warm smile. It is identical to her own. Deep inside, she naturally felt drawn to ensure Aodhan was happy. She wanted him to always feel welcomed here, to always come back. If she had it her way, years ago, she would have made him stay here in Ischia with her.

He belongs to another world though. Maybe a different life too. She only knows he comes around a couple times of year. What he does outside of Ischia she simply doesn’t truly know. She has never asked him beyond what he does in Brilliant Pampas.

When Aodhan speaks about how he is doing, Eva listens carefully. Her warm expression softens, slowly fading away from her finely carved purple features. The sea woman is surprised to hear his confession. Was it a confession at all? She has never expected Aodhan to only be faithful to her. It had never come up for them to only be with each other. Neither has she always been faithful to solely him too. She had others as well.

His second statement brings a gleam of uncertainty in her golden eyes. Eva had entertained such thoughts before. She had imagined what it would have been like to have Aodhan entirely at her side, but she had never question him, never asked him to stay. Should she have?

Would he have stayed?

Eva knows, despite, his long absence from the island, he is a good father. It was all she could have hoped for considering their circumstances these past years. She knew without a doubt it was better than what most other mothers might get. Her children with Aodhan were happy, and that’s all she could ask for from him truthfully.

Meeting his gaze once again, her uncertainty fades into something more reassuring. “I didn’t expect you to always be with me, Aodhan.” Her voice is soft and considerate as she speaks her thoughts aloud. “But I have also been with another too.” If he was going to tell her the truth, she might as well tell it all to him too. “I used to think about that. When we first had Aeolus, I always dreamed you would be here with me.” Back then it had been wishful thinking, a dream she would have a family of her own someday. Now she was blessed with four beautiful children from two others she adored very much.

She then falls silent, watching him carefully again, wondering what he will say next. Aodhan surprises her next with his words. Her wish, so long ago, was coming true. It was in her hands though. Her choice she had to make. Eva cannot help but think about Velkan—their family and intimate moments shared together.

“Why now?” She asks softly.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aodhan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-06-2020, 05:40 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:01 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-27-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 02-19-2020, 01:47 AM