• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lepis;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Lepis can see it on his face, plainly read the surprise that lifts his brows and softens his eyes. She smiles acceptingly, and for another hesitating moment, Castile waits for her to backtrack and agree to ruling alongside him. A suspenseful air rises in the space between them, but there comes no other answer except for a new title, a different position than Queen.

Castile’s head tilts and his gaze falls quickly to his hooves before flickering back to her with the warmth she is most accustomed. ”Absolutely,” he answers obligingly, always willing to wait if it guarantees her happiness. Perhaps, in a different world, they would have been lovers instead of family, intimate instead of simply friendly. ”You’ll be a right hand to me,” he reiterates, never wanting her anywhere else than alongside him as they face this world and its tribulations.

It’s for that reason he offers her an idea, slipping it to her underneath the radar for no one else to hear. Their cheeks brush, and Lepis briefly loses herself in her thoughts. Castile does not interject, allowing her the opportunity to mull it over until she withdraws to shake her head. ”I want Taiga underneath Loess,” he confesses in a low, gravely murmur while his eyes search hers. ”I want it to officially be underneath Loess instead of Nerine.” Their children are there after all, and even their granddaughter. It’s only right to shift the allegiance formally and to barricade an attempt of a fight. Persuasion, he tells himself as though that’s better than destruction, as though it will simplify everything.

But Castile knows Lepis has always craved unity, and so he sets that in front of her on a silver platter. ”Unite our powers, the lands,” family and friends will be joined together, he muses, and isn’t that what Lepis also craved as her legacy? Shifting his weight and allowing a secondary pause to consider the offer, Castile glances toward the jaded peaks in that moment of contemplation. ”Steal them,” he finally says after a long wait, his gaze slowly trickling from the horizon back to her face in front of him, ”and I will go to Nerine to… discuss… the matters at hand.” Black smoke coils from his nostrils, his expression vibrant and alive.

castile

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    Lepis; - by Castile - 01-07-2020, 11:49 AM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-08-2020, 10:29 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Castile - 01-16-2020, 03:00 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-16-2020, 11:54 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Castile - 01-29-2020, 12:47 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Lepis - 01-29-2020, 10:58 PM
    RE: Lepis; - by Castile - 02-05-2020, 03:13 PM