• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove
    She stood out in the landscape, a pale ghost to haunt the endless arroyos and gullies that patterned Pangea's skin. He smiled as she let him brush the glittering skin of her nose with his own. There was something of a rabbit about her, soft and bright and ready to dash away at the slightest hint of danger. 

Not a threat, the sparking boy decided. No more dangerous than those little cottontailed creatures she so reminded him of. His steps eased back, clacking softly against the stony footing. The broad-striped cloak of his wings shuffled and rearranged against his back now that the need to take off had abated. A puff of pale blue down floated to the earth to drift between their feet. 

Curious as a fox, the sea-tinted young stallion smiled at her, taking in the soft patterns of her coat, the way she seemed to sparkle faintly in the noon light. "You look like snow." He stated after a moment of consideration, voice filled with wonder. Even the little dapple-y smudges on her nose looked like they should be cold to the touch and melt under his breath. They hadn't though. Head twisting up to look at the towering sandstone walls, he blinked at the unexpected beauty from this vantage. 

"D'you ever get snow here?" It seemed unlikely what with the sweltering heat and the gritty texture of seemingly everything. Still, the world had surprised him before. An absent smile lifted his mouth for a moment, before he realized she had given her name. Dove. Pretty little birds with soft, velvet voices. 

The smile grew and he nodded, as if her name were a thing he was agreeing to. Yes, this is Dove, Dove is her. It was like learning that the endless expanse above them was the Sky, or that the noises some birds made was called Song. It was simply right. 

It took him a moment longer to remember that he also had a name. He hadn't been born with it, after all. Had owned it only a fragment of his life. He remembered though, and was pleased to share it. "My mother named me Saphris." The word was still new, didn't quite fit in his mouth. It was his, though, as much as anything ever had been. What did it matter that it had been given only after his mother had died? 

@[Dove]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove - by Saphris - 01-28-2020, 05:04 PM