• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove
    dove
    LOVE COULD BE LABELED POISON AND WE'D DRINK IT ANYWAYS.
    She tries not to flinch when he comments on her brother. Tries to keep her face indifferent, tries to not give a hint at how the thought of Draco makes her heart race in all the ways it shouldn’t. She hopes, then, that this boy cannot read minds the way her brother can, because she is sure it would be enough to turn him away. Because she knows it’s wrong. She knows she shouldn’t want to to stand here and tell this stranger all the ways that Draco is beautiful, she shouldn’t want to explain how he makes her heart feel like it’s tripping over itself and how she could never be enough for him.

So she says nothing, and she tries to blink Draco’s face from her mind. For the first time she feels a glimmer of anxiety spark inside her chest; would Draco be mad if he saw her here talking to someone else? It isn’t really something that has ever came up, since Dove was by far the more introverted of the two, and she preferred Draco’s company over anyone else.

Before she can think too hard on it – and most likely convince herself that she needed to leave – he’s asking if she wants to touch him.

No, not him, she corrects herself inwardly, her cheeks flushing at her own unspoken assumption, just the sparks.

She stares at him with wide, navy-blue eyes, apprehensive but curious all at once. Hesitantly, she reaches forward, stretching until her silver nose comes to rest against the tangles of his mane. The sparks tingle against her sensitive skin, and she feels a tremble race from her neck clear down her spine; a strange shiver of her delight that she hadn’t been expecting. She pulls away, her nose accidentally grazing against his shoulder as she does so, and she again feels her face grow hot as she says, “I like them. They make you look wild, in a good way.” Wild in the way waves churn in the sea, wild with the promise of a storm that she wants to just watch and wonder at. Wild in all the ways she isn’t.

He asks her if she wants to go to Icicle Isle, and this time she visibly hesitates. She thinks of Draco, afraid that he might worry if she left and he didn’t know where she had gone. But he is likely with Ghaul or Gospel or any number of his friends that are more interesting than her, and so she nods to Saphris, and offers him a cautious smile, “I’d like that. And I can fly with you,” and here her smile becomes more vibrant, excited to have a reason to use her fairy dust, “My way is just a little...different.”

@[Saphris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove - by Dove - 03-09-2020, 02:35 AM