• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  washing machine heart
    elio
    gone was the way we were, just like the days we'd burn
    If Elio knew that this stranger has better memories with his father than he does, he might rear his head in surprise and rebuttal. He might ask her how is it that someone that steals another’s father not EVER think something terrible. He might let the bitter anger that wants to eat him alive finally chew him up and spit him out.

But Elio doesn’t know. He doesn’t know how wonderful a man Wolfbane made. He doesn’t know the legacy that sits atop his shoulders. He doesn’t know that there is endless love there, between his father and his father’s children.

Elio can learn a thing or two from Alaska. Maybe she can teach him how to let go, how to let the black and white mingle just enough to make gray. She looks so free, standing there with unwavering, open eyes. The way she carries herself speaks of the type of kind wisdom the universe can create—the exact opposite to the bitter wisdom Elio possesses.

Perhaps Alaska will tell Elio, with that genuine and true wisdom, of all the great things his father offered her. And perhaps Elio will forgive.

Though for now he observes her with stormy gray eyes, unaware of the way the universe connects the pair. He smiles shyly and shuffles his two front hooves. Elio considers revealing the invisible wings at his side, dragging his gaze from Alaska’s eyes to the blue sky and fluttering clouds.

“I don’t know,” Elio finally admits. “I guess I have a lot to worry about. And I haven’t been anywhere other than Taiga and Loess, so . . . there’s never been much to think about.” He doesn’t know why he keeps talking, but he does, little bits and pieces of his secrets pouring from his mouth. “There’s always been a lot to worry in Taiga, but now that I’m in Loess . . . I have even more time to think.” Elio shrugs and blinks eyes he does not realize are zoned out on the grass to the left of Alaska. He looks back at her in panicked surprise and embarrassment, then swallows.

“Sorry!” Elio gasps.

@[alaska] sorry he's weird apparently !!!

Messages In This Thread
    washing machine heart - by elio - 01-07-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 01-08-2020, 01:09 AM
    RE: washing machine heart - by elio - 01-14-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 01-21-2020, 12:24 AM
    RE: washing machine heart - by elio - 01-28-2020, 04:27 PM
    RE: washing machine heart - by alaska - 02-22-2020, 06:01 PM