• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wait until you see the new me - Pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Just like the morning before, Pteron makes it all the way to the Loessian border before he comes to his senses. His half-baked plan will never work; he can’t just ask Castile to take Reia back.

He’d been so sure when he woke up that today would be the day. But he’d thought that yesterday too, and the day before that as well. He’d extricated himself from his wife’s embrace (she is a light sleeper who likes to hold him close and whisper threats if it seems he might be attempting to leave in the night) in the earliest light of dawn and gone south before the sleep had really left his olive eyes.

Now he blinks them against the brightness of the snowy Loessian hills, illuminated by the morning sun. Somewhere out there is a cave, he is sure, a cave where he might put Reia and she’d never trouble him again. Perhaps he could find that bay stallion from the Icicle Isle and have him seal it shut. Guilt roils in his belly at the idea though, and Pteron shakes his blue-maned head as thought to physically rid himself of the idea. No, no he couldn’t do that. Burns and bites and being denied happiness are not the equivalent of being buried alive.

The piebald stallion turns back toward Taiga but does so rather slowly. Slowly enough that he sees the dun mare in the distance and can pause his half-completed circle and head toward her as though its been his intention all along. Pteron can’t be sure that she’s seen him – she’s looking toward the heart of the forest.

“I’ve never actually seen a ghost in there, if that’s what you’re worried about.” says the winged stallion as he steps around a tree to come closer. “But if…”

Pteron trails off, whatever he had been about to say lost in the fog.

“It’s you.” He finally says, recognizing the cream dun mare. She looks far better than when he had left her with the healer; her wings look whole and healthy tucked up against her sides. Pteron had not ever expected to see her again, and yet here she is on his very doorstep. “I guess you’re better then? I’m glad.”

-- pteron --

@[Vastra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wait until you see the new me - Pteron - by Pteron - 01-11-2020, 09:41 AM