• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

caught in the current

Oriash

they promised that dreams can come true

Ori has never actually thought of pregnancy. She is old enough now, certainly, though she really doesn’t feel like she is remotely ready for motherhood. How could she parent a child when she barely knows who she is or might become, when she loses herself to illusion and sometimes does not know exactly where she is. Things made of dreams often trail around her without her realizing it, like her deer friend which is far too serene and calm to be a real deer. Though at the sound of her name, Ori looks over and the illusion of the deer scatters, removed by the presence of something distracting.

Ori smiles at the other mare, having liked Oceane in their first conversation and not sorry to have the mare calling out for her now. She had so few friends who actually might do such a thing that it warms her heart, and Ori makes her way to the brightly colored mare to close the distance. The swell of other’s belly is impossible to miss, though Ori does her best not to stare or ask, because it is not really her business.

“I gather there is, though politics has never been my strong suit. A new leader in Nerine, though. Magic afoot, with the return of the dead. There’s a few that are...special, from what I gather, though I don’t understand what that entails.” She only knows that there have been calls, because she has felt them and ignored them (all but the one, but timelines are funny so we are going to pretend that didn’t happen yet). “I haven’t heard much else. I suppose you have not been traveling much lately?”

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-12-2020, 08:44 AM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oceane - 01-12-2020, 06:17 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-24-2020, 03:23 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oceane - 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM
    RE: caught in the current - by Oriash - 01-28-2020, 04:53 PM