• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea

the fair breeze blew, the white foam flew, the furrow followed free;
    we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea.

She returns to the southern shore in contempt of winter's chilly bite. The ocean does not freeze — it is innately tumultuous, relentless and unforgiving as its icy waters lash against the sand and silt shoreline of the foothills. Oceane shivers and pulls her blanket of feathers closer to her winter shag, tucking her pregnant frame in tight against the elements.

She's alone today, and while solitude is something that she appreciates and even enjoys on a fairly regular basis, her pregnancy has kept her from traveling from Loess and the hot itch of stir craziness threatens to take control. With an exasperated sigh directed at the far horizon where ocean meets sky, the opalescent woman pivots on her heel and heads back into the confines of Loess. Her golden eyes search as she travels — usually, for adventure. But today she seeks out company and it would seem that most of her fellow Loessians have taken to the areas nearest the craggy foothills where they will be protected from the season.

Oceane cannot blame them, despite the annoyed tick she feels in her chest.

Finding shelter as she nears the hills, the blue and lavender woman lets another sigh curl from her ajar muzzle. This one is slower, controlled, and it cuts off as her gaze snaps suddenly to the blue and gold frame of a mare who is unfamiliar by sight and smell, though the inklings of the woman's former home still waft like tendrils in the air around her.

"Lepis!" she calls from a few meters away, offering the woman a warm smile as she nestles behind the rock barrier for warmth. "Castile said he hoped you would be joining us," she adds by way of introduction. "My name is Oceane." She does not know much about the blue-accented woman, only what Castile has told her: that she is his dear friend, and that she has come to Loess after abdicating her throne in Taiga — hopefully, Oceane muses, the former Queen will be in the mood for talking with someone new today. Because if she has to wait any longer to socialize with someone else, she just may scream across the ocean.
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

@[Lepis] | "speaks"
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea - by Oceane - 01-12-2020, 07:26 PM