• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea

the fair breeze blew, the white foam flew, the furrow followed free;
    we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea.

Laughter falls suddenly from Oceane's lavender maw at Lepis' unexpected jest as they begin their journey north. "At least the spines could have come in handy," she adds as she thinks with a smile of all the foliage she had eaten as of late that could influence the way her newborn-to-be will look. Aside from the fruits she had been craving perpetually, Oceane had taken to the lilies and cattails by the River, and she can't quite think of anything from either plant that she'd like for her child to possess, except perhaps for the ability to exist comfortably within water.

They fall in step together comfortably, Oceane happily following in those areas where they must walk one-by-one. The sandstone canyon offers a wonderful reprieve from the wind and she shakes the winter chill away from herself as they go. Her bright amber eyes feast on the surrounding area with intrigue; while she had often explored Loess, there were certain areas she'd yet to happen upon that could best be discovered when led by someone who already knew the secret.

Her gaze falls on the sweeping boughs of the willow and then slides to the fallen, slightly melancholic, acacia tree beside it. Oceane smiles warmly as Lepis tells her the story that had been shared with her by her own mother. "It's quite beautiful here," she muses as she inspects the cavernous sanctum, "I hope I won't be imposing if I bring my child here on the days I need to keep a closer eye," she adds, with a hopeful glint in her eye.

She partakes in the prickly pears while listening with curiosity to Lepis' answer her question about returning. I'm glad to be back, she says, and for the first time, Oceane feels a twinge of sadness that she will never be able to feel such a way for Nau-Aib but she pushes it away with the reminder that Loess is her home now and she will always be happy to see it.

"I have a feeling this child will be born with wings," she says with laughter as she thinks on the future, "Both of its parents have them, so I think I can only hope that I learn all of the hiding spots Loess has to offer before my child does." Oceane grins, shaking her head in amusement, though uncertainty rises unbidden in the pit of her stomach. She'd never been given the opportunity to raise a child before; both of her newborn boys had been stripped from her before their first meal, never to be seen again. She can only hope that she will not fail Castile in raising this child.

Her amber eyes flick to Lepis as she swallows her final bite of pear, the desire to ask the blue and gold woman if she would be interested in spending time with the child rising and then receding. Maybe in a few weeks, when they are - hopefully - closer friends.
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

@[Lepis]
    " "
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we were the first that ever burst into that silent sea - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 12:07 PM