• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Everything about me seems to have changed || Any at all ||

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Inevitably the hollow sound of clopping from a distance caught Bane’s attention. It was a heavier tread and coming in rapidly - without even turning his ears back Wolfbane could sense which side Larva favored, how lengthy his stride was. One normal breath told him what his eyes were missing, since the beefy pegasus wasn’t inclined to turn and look. A male was following, rapidly pursuing him. His flesh smelled faintly like rot. Like an elder stallion, or one horse masquerading as such. (If anyone had learned not to judge a book by its cover, it was Wolfbane.)

In spite of that he’s come to the Field for a reason and @[Larva], though the scar-riddled horses' name won’t be spoken until later, is a stallion bold enough to intercept and even cut Bane off from his nightly stroll.
    That annoying interruption stops Bane from merely shoving his way callously past the stranger at first glance.

If this one had enough ball sacks and death wishes to do something like that to a horse they'd never met before, then Wolfbane was willing to sacrifice an infinite few moments of his own time to humor the grandfatherly character with a smile at his questions and concerns. “He mistakes us,” One voice coos prettily in his tangled thoughts, “we don’t intend ruckus, do we? We seek to bring balance.” They agree simultaneously. Wolfbane only compels himself to memorizing Larva’s face, silently. No wisp of breath curls past his lips and aside from the occasional jerk of his eyes, the manipulator is incredibly quiet behind his eerily wide grin.

And then he moves in one fluid motion, a figurine bursting into sudden life with the angling of his forehand and the sharp turn of his head. He seems like an animated doll, ears pointed into the coming darkness and nostrils flared for a second or two, waiting on something.

Female. Pegasus - he can hear the faint brush of her feathers as they tug against one another. Her youth is as apparent as Larva’s age and were @[Ruthless] not immediately interrupted by the shuffling sound of yet more horses coming into the fray, she would’ve earned herself a loud, rough burst of laughter in her face. “Strike one and two,” He thinks of her and her unearned boldness. Before her age Wolfbane was leading a quiet country into a now fearsome Kingdomship; what does Ruth have but her nerves and a tongue that would lead her into inevitable trouble? Nothing.

He reasons she’s old enough now to learn an incredibly valuable lesson on sticking one’s nose and opinion where they’re least appreciated.

Holding that idea, Wolfbane turns again- tugged alive by the strings of a puppeteer and moving a body in ways that do not seem natural -back upon itself to glance over a shoulder and address the final questions - first @[Fiorina] and then-

"Then there’s @[lilliana]." His own thoughts surprise him before quieting again. “Strike three.” A whisper echoes in his mind. Lilliana… someone from his past. Some horse who knew him and knew him well. It broke a rule. Wolfbane would lament if he were physically capable of it, but he is focused and certain about why he’s come here so his next step is calculated. He ignores those gathered around, huddled on all sides of him, in order to swing his body (the edge of his wings dance close to Larva and Ruth’s faces, near enough for a brushing if they choose not to move away) around so that he can gather the sight of his mistress here, unexpectedly, in the Field. “Lilliana,” Bane’s voice finally rings out in the waiting silence, “don't be shy… please.” One wing unfurls, out toward Fiorina as much as possible without disturbing the alien-like equine.

The please was tacked on for Lilli's sake alone. The demand behind his ‘request’, however, is clear. He hoped she would acquiesce without a fight; there wasn’t any need for dramatics…
    Yet.

He’ll give her a moment to decide. A moment where he turns back to appraise Ruth’s reaction and the holographic tint of his predator eyes flashes in the shadowy dark. “I came here because I wanted to.” Bane sneers through a tight jaw, alternating his focus between Larva and Fiorina with the quick tilt of one brow and the other. Were they animals or slaves? Did they kneel before a master? Were chaos and evil their god? “Pathetic,” His thoughts hiss, “freedom is the one true God here.” “I do exactly what I want, whenever it pleases me.” He motions toward the lone girl in between the two wayfarer's and he wonders if their thoughts honestly align with his.

Between them it was three against one; two if Lilliana chose poorly. The right recruiter could bring home three new bodies. The wrong one? Leave worse than empty-hoofed. “I wouldn’t let her get away.” He challenges they old gray stallion and the arcane-looking black mare, intending that Ruth should not be allowed to fly off. He would honestly hate to leave Lilliana here if he had to go chase Ruthless down but, if necessity called for it Bane would.

If he had to, he thought as he looked back to gauge where Lilliana was headed, he would leave the mare who’d tossed fear back into his face right here with two unknowns and go claw Ruthless out of the sky. But it didn’t need to be that way. Lilli could walk to him quietly and he would keep her safe, always safe at his side. And Ruthless might follow example, and Larva or Fiorina (maybe even both?) would embrace what Wolfbane was implying.

There was never any need for them to go separate ways. They could all leave the Field together and they could all get what they came here for, no? “It’s me, Wolfbane.” He says loudly enough, the skin over his shimmering face twinkling like so many vivid stars in a velvet black universe when he smiles at Lilliana. Sweet, soft Lilli. His Lilli. “Come here and let’s all discuss what comes next, yeah?”

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal  ◉  Mood: Dangerous

ooc: sorry if you get like, 7 notification messages because I keep editing this
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Everything about me seems to have changed || Any at all || - by Wolfbane - 01-16-2020, 09:50 PM