• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies

Ever since Isilya discovered her first new friend lingering on the borders of Tephra, she’s made a point to wander the borders at least once a day - though sometimes she sent her flower bird friends to check for her. It wasn’t so much a “patrol” as it was just complete fascination that at any given moment, a new friend could just be standing there, waiting to be greeted.

But it wasn’t her own set of eyes nor those of her birds that alerted her to the presence of someone new at the border today - it was a feeling. The pulse of magic that Fern sent through the earth echoed into Isilya’s hooves. She had been reaching down with her magic, tending to some of the roots of a few trees feeling under the weather, when she felt it. A hum of excitement went through her and she just knew that she had to go investigate!

With an apology and a promise to return to the trees, she hurried over to where she felt the call. She could have teleported, sure, but she was still perfecting that particular trick and did not want to risk arriving too close and startling whoever this was.

And it turned out that ‘whoever this was’ was a wildling of a girl, with the most beautiful shade of green for her coat, pouting at a thorn bush with one utterly perfect yellow rose on it. In solidarity with this display, as Isilya approaches the vines on her back shift and change until they are blooming with bright yellow roses and daisies and a speckling of other small gold and yellow flowers mixed in too. “Did you make that? It’s beautiful!”

image by Reitro

@[Fern]

Messages In This Thread
    Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies - by Fern - 01-14-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: Help! I need somebody - Plant Ladies - by Isilya - 01-18-2020, 06:40 PM