• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someone new - Warlight
    Warlight

Soul as sweet as blood red jam

The soft glow of emerald light soon bathes them both equally, and Warlight a sense of contentment in her companion's presence. She doesn't remember now where she had been traveling with such purpose only moments before, entirely focused on enjoying the enchantment the oasis Isilya is creating for them.

A frog twangs in the distance, quickly echoed by his lover, and Isilya is quick to fill the night air with conversation. Her enthusiasm is boundless but seemingly genuine, and the bone-crowned mare relaxes back into one hip as she listens.

"Tephra is a bigger kingdom than I remember," she replies, "it's easy to stay out of sight, even if you aren't trying." Warlight had traveled to Tephra before her death, and she assumes it had already been locked to the mainland at that point. But she had been too sick, had a much too important mission, to remember much about the geography. No, the last she remembered visiting Tephra to see family and enjoy the tropical sunshine, it had been an island with far fewer hills and grasslands to call her own.

She doesn't show her slight surprise when her new companion mentions she is the Queen of the West, but her face does show the sense of relief she feels. Will guessed her few days spend in the kingdom without introducing herself would be more than enough to ruffle the feathers of some monarchs.

"Well you've made my life easier, I was going to go and look for the leader in the morning... I had figured it was best not sneak up on my new Queen in the moonlight." With this, that no-good smile flickers again in a way that hints that she wouldn't mind at all being contradicted. But she doesn't let the moment stretch for long. Instead, she attempts to put her companion's mind at ease.

"I've been here only a few days actually. I don't know if you have traveled north since then, but I got here the day the waterfall appeared."

[Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    someone new - Warlight - by Isilya - 01-15-2020, 09:59 AM
    RE: someone new - Warlight - by Warlight - 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM
    RE: someone new - Warlight - by Isilya - 01-18-2020, 06:54 PM
    RE: someone new - Warlight - by Warlight - 01-27-2020, 07:43 PM
    RE: someone new - Warlight - by Isilya - 02-06-2020, 09:38 PM
    RE: someone new - Warlight - by Warlight - 02-28-2020, 04:50 PM