• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  rotten peaches on the breath of the Colossus.
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    Ghaul has chirped and crooned since his unholy birth, and yet he has never received reply in the way that he prefers. Even Clarissa only laughed and smiled when he purred delightedly beneath her touch. He does not see enough to discern the smile across her face when she draws closer, only the vague outline of her shape. Still, he seems rather pleased just the same.

Fiorina. He tilts his head when she explains that perhaps she will also be of Pangea, but perhaps not. Ghaul follows her gaze and a brief snort puffs from his nostrils in wisps of smoke and ash. How could anyone not want to be born of such a sacred home, he wonders? Pangea will engulf this world in flame and shadows. The drake returns his gaze back to her and he feels his lips twitch downward in a frown for just a fleeting moment.

Is there somewhere better?” he asks, incredulous in his tone. “Nerine is too cold, too quiet. Loess is false promises and gilded glory. Tephra is weak and full of soft bellies. Only Pangea is worthy to burn the others to the ground. Once they are cleansed, maybe they will be worthy.

And here he smiles again, imagining all the char and smoldering embers that he will leave in his wake. When she shifts her position and presents that strange tail, though, he finds himself kneading at the mud with his talons. He leans closer, sniffing at it and following its little wave curiously. Ghaul believes himself safe from such weapons now that he has matured, but if she hooked him like a fish then he would learn very quickly.

I see some things. Anything very cold, or very warm,” he explains, still mesmerized by her tail. “I do not see the sky or the stars. I have only been told of them.
    @[Fiorina]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: rotten peaches on the breath of the Colossus. - by ghaul - 01-23-2020, 03:20 PM