• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  our little feast of kings, anaxarete.
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    He had been ravenous for some maternal figure to keep him comforted and safe when Anaxarete arrived in Pangea. Dawn had been gentle and loving, certainly, but he could feel the way she tensed whenever he nestled beside her to sleep. Something at the core of her rejected him and knew he was not a harmless child like her others. But with Ana, she cooed and did not even flinch at the sight of him. She had accepted him so readily when he had puffed his chest and stood his ground against her as a tiny prince.

That is why he has decided to give her the trophy of his first big kill. His greed and that itching desire to hoard had given him brief pause before making up his mind, but now he plucks the tattered wing from the little alcove he keeps it hidden. Ghaul drags the thing with him as pale blue feathers spin and twirl to form a path behind him. The majority remain in place by dried tissue as he happily trots along, talons gritting against the red clay ground. His small ears swivel back and forth as he searches for the queen’s familiar outline.

Ah, there, just up ahead. He is surprised to catch her alone but his delight shows in the smile of crooked fangs across his face. The monster eagerly drops his prize at her hooves and then looks down at her, ears perked forward as he awaits her reaction. His wings rustle excitedly across his back as a soft clicking noise emits from his throat.

I brought this from Loess. My first real kill,” he explains as his claws tap against the dirt. “I have also brought Castile’s daughter to live with us. Clarissa is my twin flame.

When they first met, his voice had been so small and carried no weight to it. Now it commands reverence like summer thunderstorms across the plains. But he remains docile toward Ana just as he does with Clarissa or Gospel, ever eager for their approval. His tail flicks as he searches the blur of her face for some semblance of pride.
    @[Anaxarete]

Messages In This Thread
    our little feast of kings, anaxarete. - by ghaul - 01-16-2020, 06:43 PM