• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  press me up against the brick; draco
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    Ghaul does not know how to be weak and vulnerable, most of the time, and it feels so foreign to show all those tender parts of himself. But he trusts Draco and he doesn’t mind it so much as he normally would. So it cuts him like a knife when his brother says that their father isn’t coming back. His pain shows in the way his brows furrow behind his glimmering horns, the frown that now dominates his lips as he hangs his head in defeat. He swallows hard. Some stubborn piece of him riots against the thought of every abandoning his hunt.

Sometimes I think it’s my fault,” he admits in a quiet voice. He’s run through the facts a hundred times in his mind only to come up with the same answer: Litotes left because of him. He could not love the little monster and so he left rather than bearing the weight of that burden. Maybe it’s easier for him to breathe without Ghaul shadowing him and asking innumerous questions. Maybe existence is that much more enjoyable without your son piling little gifts of dead birds and rabbits at your feet.

If he’s hiding, he doesn’t want us to find him. Where ever he is, it’s better to him than being here with us,” he thinks aloud, but his voice holds no embers of anger or bitterness. Instead his voice breaks and he begins the task of swallowing this jagged little pill. His father does not want him. In all the fever dreams he had while he was still cradled in Bible’s belly, he never foresaw any of this. Ghaul had no idea it would be this hard to walk the path of conquest. “If you ever go away, will you say goodbye first?

And then, strangely enough, the stars along his horns begin to drip down his cheeks into little tears that fall from his jaw. They glitter until they hit the red clay dirt at their feet where they flicker, and die.
    @[draco]

Messages In This Thread
    press me up against the brick; draco - by ghaul - 01-16-2020, 07:01 PM
    RE: press me up against the brick; draco - by ghaul - 01-31-2020, 01:19 PM