• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hands that kiss hymns up your sides.
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    Sabbath hates her softness, that last dying ember that always finds a way to roar back to life when she least wants it to. She allows it to bloom for her children and it leaves her vulnerable when Tarnished reveals himself in the den. The sweet ache of her ribs makes her grit her teeth as she imagines ripping her own heart out for a while. But that awful little muscle just keeps beating and bleeding, drunk on the hormones of giving birth that make her head spin.

She turns her head when Eucharist coughs and she hurries to him, nudging his cheek and kissing at his nose until she’s convinced it was just a one time thing. It’s easy to forget how furious she is with Nish when she thinks the twins need her. Sabbath sighs in relief and begins to fuss with Reign’s fluff of mane for a moment before looking back to their father. For all the warmth and kindness she reserves for the newborns, it’s almost surprising how little there is for him. But then his form twists and changes, making her bristle and bare her teeth.

One wrong move and she’ll destroy him, pluck his teeth from his jaw like daisies in a field. Except he speaks and the words make her jaw shut quick with a snap.

Hers.

No one had ever sworn to belong to her or even hinted at being able to love something as awful as her. He goes on and she finds herself shrinking back from the promise, closer to Reign and Eucharist. Sabbath swallows hard and tries to make sense of everything but it makes her dizzy to think too hard. Nish says he loves her and she wonders if she’s going to vomit right here in the den.

Stop. Stop talking,” she slurs as she tries to steady herself. There is a long pause before she lifts her eyes to meet his again. “I can’t.. You don’t mean that.

But is she trying to convince him or herself? Her brows furrow and suddenly her anger is consumed by a raw kind of fear that she has not known before. She had wanted to hear something like that for so long that she has no idea how to accept it. Sabbath had tried to drink the words from Eight’s blood or Bethlehem’s empty kisses but it had only given her a new layer of hatred. When Adna swore that she loved her sister, it had nearly driven the serpent girl mad. Now he offers it up on a silver platter without her ever trying for it.

You come to me in the dead of night, stinking of other women, and I still let you kiss me. I could taste them on your skin, and you claim to love me?” she laughs, but the sound is crooked and pained. Her tears feel so hot as they run down her cheeks that they surprise her. “If that is your love then keep it. I can only give my whole entire heart and I won’t settle for less in return.

It disgusts her to admit that she could give it all up to him but the words come tumbling from her lips before she realizes what she’s said. She used to cower from the idea of exposing all the delicate pieces of herself but it seems they’ve found their way free from their prison in the pit of her stomach. Sabbath spent the past year choking them down and shoving him away that she really thought she stood a chance at crippling her feelings for him. Such a beautiful fool.
    @[Tarnished]

Messages In This Thread
    hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: hands that kiss hymns up your sides. - by Sabbath - 01-17-2020, 01:01 PM