• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:26px;font-family: 'Allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style><center><div class="lucreziagradient"><div class="lucrezialayout"><div class="lucreziaquote"><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>When the darkness comes, she does not fight it. She never does anymore. She greets it like an old friend, welcoming its comforting touch. Far too many times has she lingered in the darkness.

She finds something more than its comfort this time. It is a part of her she has forgotten, a piece of her that almost seemed to never exist. Brave—she almost had forgotten she could be brave. For so long she has been frightened, filled with terror and nightmares.

Fear had consumed her, wrapping its dark tendrils of terror around her tightly. It had controlled every thought and action in her—drowning her into the abyss. Her own fears had killed her, but she doesn’t feel it now as her bruises and wounds are knitted back together. She doesn’t feel its choking grip on her or the chains that made her feel like a prisoner.

She was free!

<i>I am not scared anymore</i>, she thinks with more certainty than she has ever in her life.

Lucrezia opens her eyes, and sees the familiar mottled-red brown earth, the two pillars, and red glowing dome. Everything was the same. A small part of her began to fear that she would come face-to-face with Bruise again. Lucrezia stops herself there—she would not allow fear to control her.

With one blink, someone appears in front of her. It was not Bruise who appeared though. She recognizes the other mare instantly. It was <i>herself</i>. Her greatest adversary.

Lucrezia looks at her replica for a moment, as if she is seeing herself for the first time. She is mesmerized by the natural beauty her slime yet muscular shape curves into, the soft autumn-colored peafowl feathers that drape along her neck and flow elegantly behind her. Matching peafowl wings hang at her side as well. Although, when her eyes meet the gaze of her shade, she sees the deep anger and madness bursting—destroying the beautiful, brave, and humorous person she knows to be.

It happens quickly then.

Her shade rears up in front of her, sprawling wings out wide, letting out a deathly shrill, and kicking hooves at her. Lucrezia lunges towards the horn pillar to avoid the oncoming attack. Her shade’s hooves scrape against her rump and pivots to pushes her against the horn pillar. Lucrezia yelps out in pain as the antler horns pierce through her left side. Using all her strength, she breaks away from being pinned.

Making an escape, Lucrezia quickly unfolds her wings and launches upwards. She gathers her thoughts for a moment, ignoring the pulsating pain coming from her left side; however, Lucrezia knows herself better. She looks back, already seeing the shade coming at her full speed. Her shade was relentless, but so was she!

Lucrezia swiftly circles around, changing her direction to face her advancing shade head on. Soaring at a higher altitude, Lucrezia pivots her position, she pulls her wings close and launches herself at a fast speed towards her replica. Diving down, Lucrezia gains speed, closing the distance between them. She then pulls to the left, shielding her wounded side, and lunges forward with barred teeth.

The two clash together. Their hooves and teeth collide, scrapping and cutting flesh. Blood and sweat stains both, dripping from open wounds and cuts. They fight without fear, relentless in their attacks.

Her shade breaks away from underneath her. Both are splattered with blood and wounds that sting like hell fire. Lucrezia feels out of breath, but she doesn’t stop—she cannot. She closes the distance between them, lunging forward, gripping onto her shade’s crest. Lucrezia realizes they are not that far from the ground, so she pushes all her strength against her shade, using gravity as her momentum.

Suddenly, they are falling fast. She holds her grip tight, fighting against her ruthless shade to break lose. The red earth is close signally to her. Lucrezia lets go of her grip and pushes against her replica’s body. She folds her wings out wide, the wind catches her. She watches as her body hits the ground with a loud thud.

Her shade does not move. Lucrezia swoops down to where her replica is. She carefully examines her own broken and bruised body. For a moment she wonders if this is what she looked like when Bruise had murdered her, but she pushes that thought aside.

She didn’t need to fear him or the darkness anymore.</div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by Starlace - 01-18-2020, 11:54 AM
    RE: [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by Luath - 01-18-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by Aten - 01-22-2020, 01:15 AM
    RE: [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by atrox - 01-24-2020, 02:23 AM
    RE: [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by Lucrezia - 01-24-2020, 07:55 PM
    RE: [ROUND 3] crimson blood on my skin - by Cor - 01-25-2020, 03:09 AM