• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise

This might come as a surprise, but I like Eva. I know! There’s been absolutely no indication whatsoever that I adore her, right? She’s been a wonderful friend and I don’t know that there’s anyone I would have rathered been a parent with. I mean, maybe Lilian but - considering we’re actually siblings (not that I know this), it’s probably a good thing that it ended up happening with Eva instead. Really just slid past a whole fiasco on that one.

Anyway, part of why I like Eva is the smile she gives me when she sees me. It’s so wonderful having friends??? Who would have thought!

I bounce a few delighted steps when she compliments my flowers before coming to a stop. I’d toss my head a little too but I’m worried about dislodging the ones on my head. “Right??? I think this place suits me.” And for one moment, my smile is as dazzling as the tropical sunshine above us.

But it falters and my dark gaze drops to the sand at our hooves. I’m too much of a coward to look at her when I ask this next question. I hadn’t meant to ask it - I was only halfway through my private rehearsals for this conversation and therefore am incredibly unprepared.

But the words bubble out of me, mumbled a little bit and possibly a little hard to hear since I’m speaking more to the sand than I am to her, but I pray she hears enough that I don’t have to repeat it.

A single, black hoof kicks at the sand as I speak. “Eva… when Donny and Milly are grown… can I still stay here? Would you mind?”

artwork by space1993

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-14-2020, 05:55 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-21-2020, 06:38 PM