• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise

Well aren’t we just having a great little life chat here? It’s distressing to hear that Eva knows the same pain I do, but also encouraging that she has been able to move past it and create a life for her. I mean she’s basically a queen!!! Not that I ever want to get into politics but it’s still pretty impressive. It warms me to know that I’m not alone, even though I do not wish my dear friend would have ever had to experience first hand the bothersome pain affecting me!

She bumps my muzzle again and I feel the sun shining on me with the affirmation that this can be - that this is my home. “Thank you, Eva.” I say with complete sincerity. For her kind words and for her honesty about her past as well.

Now that that’s out of the way, I visibly lighten. That had been the foremost rain cloud in my mind as of yet (there are other, stormier ones, but they are more about my past and who wants to deal with those issues???) and now that it was gone I felt lighter. Sure, I didn’t look any lighter but there really wasn’t anything I could do about that.

A twinkle does shine in those black eyes of mine when I glance out at the turquoise ocean before looking back to Eva. “So... I think I remember you saying something about loving to swim when we first met. What are the chances I could get you to give me a few pointers?” My attempts at learning on my own (I mean hey! I'm surrounded by fish horses) have not gone well. Did you know that you don't float very well when you're made entirely of bones?

artwork by space1993

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-14-2020, 05:55 PM