• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise

I am utterly delighted by the enthusiam that Eva has taken to my request for a swimming teacher. I only hesitate for a minute before following her to where sand meets sea, but it’s not because I’m nervous. Okay, I am absolutely nervous about learning how to swim. However, I hesitate because I just need to take a moment to admire my friend. She comes alive near the water in a way that is wonderful and beautiful to watch. She is meant for the sea.

It is not difficult to love her, this dear friend of mine. Not one bit.

After that moment is over, I trot to catch up with her - feeling my nerves catch up to me now that the spell of the moment has broken.

Eva distracts me from my thoughts, pulls me into the present, and her laughter lightens my heart and my mind. If only it would do the same for my body! A small but bright chirp of laughter escapes me as well and I grin at her. “I trust you, Eva. Utterly and completely. What I don’t trust are these old bones of mine.” As I speak, I slowly wade into the water. The crystal-clear water isn’t chilly (thank goodness) and I move until it’s just above my knees before I finally hesitate. It’s hard to be afraid of the water when it is so beautiful, when there’s an even more beautiful friend right there with me to help me, but I do worry. Just a little.

“Did you know, the last time I tried to swim I sank?”

artwork by space1993

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:45 PM