• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

It was exciting to share news of her growing family, the lives she was helping to grow and hopefully prosper. It was difficult to imagine a child doing anything less than living well in such a place. Her smile matched the vividly hued woman's, the pleasure of their day to day lives a soft glow in the heart. She hoped long and hard that she would be enough of a parent for him in long run. 

A sly grin touched her lips at the way Eva exclaimed over her child's gift, for he was certainly unique among the island folk. Even though he had no special affinity for the waters surrounding their home, he seemed to fit quite well among the jungle heart. "He is my treasure." She beamed in reply, forever thankful to whatever powers had brought him into her life. 

When the conversation turned a darker shade, the seamare did her best to speak as an objective party. This was, after all, little more than heresay. She had brought it up as a concerned citizen, and hoped that the claim was not so bad as it had seemed, coming from an unknown stranger. But she had liked Oceane, had gotten no kind of impression that she would make up this kind of accusation. She was more inclined to believe this new friend than the innocence of kelpies at large. 

The smile that had lived so warmly on her face melted away into something less comfortable as she thought back on her conversation with the winged woman. "She did not give me a specific name, no." She admitted after a moment. Her ears twisted unhappily. "She did say that the encounter happened at the northern daughter isle. She'd been exploring without a local guide, didn't know that the isles are more stallion centered." 

It was little enough to go on, when she said it like that. No concrete evidence, no name to inquire after. Much as she wanted to barge into the northern isle and start raising a scene, that approach rang of badly in her ears. Random accusation was a surefire way to tick off every kelpie that called Ischia home. Which, as far as she knew, was all of them. A gusty sigh rippled the surface of the water beneath her muzzle. "I offered for her to visit us again in the summer, and she accepted. I suppose we can ask for more details then." It was as good as she would get at the moment, it seemed like.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 02-06-2020, 02:24 PM