• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

They would not be acting today. As impatient as the pearl mare was for justice, she knew that it meant waiting for all the facts before they could fairly intervene. When Oceane came calling, they'd go over things again and hopefully reach the bottom of the issue. Until then, they would both be keeping eyes and ears out for any other signs of disturbance. 

Her shell-pink ears tilted curiously at the name. Ivar. She'd heard of him, of course. You couldn't live so close to the infamous kelpie and not know the stories. The scenario certainly felt in line with the lurking stallion's reputation. There was a grim set to her mouth as she nodded along with Eva's assessment. "Of course. We can't very well go around claiming to be an island of respite if one of our own is causing problems." Her fin-crested head shook with a chargrinned flutter. No, that wouldn't work at all. She felt lighter though, now that the knowledge had been shared. The concerned crease between her brows softened. 

It felt good to have Eva acknowledge her place in their home. She'd never wanted to live anywhere else, ever if she didn't mind visiting other lands. Ischia was home, and she felt like she was doing her best to serve that home. Her serious expression lightened into a pleased smile as the conversation turned more personal. 

"It would be a pleasure, Eva!" She beamed, pawing at the water underfoot with giddy joy. "It's an honor to serve you and our home." Truthfully, it felt like more of a formality than an outright promotion. A title to go along with the way things already were. However, now there was the additional responsibility that she was now placed in the chain of command, not simply a friend to the Dame. Later, when she was alone, it would sink in.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 02-19-2020, 10:02 AM