• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bound between the tides of the sea

O C E A N E

"Always," she responds swiftly and with a sanguine curve of her lips. Come hell or high water, dragons or kelpies, arithmancers or nereids... the list extends endlessly, and never does she or her curiosity consider herself deterred. She settles comfortably in front of Soran, resting the tip of a hind hoof onto the hardened earth to adjust the weight of her distended belly. He smells of the whole of Beqanna, this fact registering pleasantly in Oceane's flaring nostrils as her pricked ears wait expectantly for an account of his travels.

"Well," she says with something bordering on wiliness, "it sounds like you probably would have gotten along just fine without my helpful tips." Her playful tone ensures that her observation will not be interpreted as an irritation; she had helped him happily, and would again in the future ─ especially if it meant that the dappled stallion would continue to come visit her. But that's a hopeful expectation that the opalescent woman does not allow herself to linger on, at least for now. "Oh, please," the pegasi says with an exaggerated roll of her warm amber eyes, "you've yet to disappoint me." Feeling suddenly restless, Oceane scrapes a front hoof against the ground before pivoting at a comfortable pace and beckoning Soran to fall in step beside her.

Their destination is the small canyon to the northern part of Loess that she has decided will be where she births her child, but she doesn't share that aloud. Instead, she answers his question and allows her playfulness (which is mostly uncharacteristic, except, apparently, when Castile or Soran are nearby) to succumb to a more genuine tone.

"Stir crazy, but well. There are still parts of Loess I've yet to explore and finding them does just enough to take the edge off, but," she sighs quietly, listens to the sound of their hooves fall rhythmically against the sandstone, "I will be excited when I'm no longer carrying this child." She bites at the inside of her cheek, pensive, and then ─

"Do you have any children, Soran?"

@[Soran]
    " "

n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    bound between the tides of the sea - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 01-22-2020, 12:41 PM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 01-27-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 02-20-2020, 10:29 PM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Oceane - 01-27-2020, 03:45 PM