• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bound between the tides of the sea

soran
    he dreams of water

His smile is tender, and he laughs lightly, "In all honesty, without you I doubt I would have gotten far at all."  He reciprocates just as playfully, and for just a moment it is a little easier to breath.  He also doubts that, if she had not left so abruptly and left him wondering he would not even still be in Beqanna.  The politics and land interested him, but he had no foothold here to gain enough knowledge or ground within all of it.

Beqanna had nothing for him right now, and he doesn't know if it ever will.

"Yet?"  He mutters to himself, tone teasing as he watches her move gracefully and abruptly despite her obvious belly.

She beckons him to follow and, ever the gentleman, he does.  Apparently he is unable to deny her silent command.

While he does ask questions, ones that she is more than willing to answer, he never asks where it is she is taking him.  If she is comfortable enough going there, then he has no reason to worry.  The companionable atmosphere between them settles gently and he finds himself relaxing and enjoying her presence.

Inside him, the ocean does not roar.  The only thing he knows is a constant are their hooves walking in rhythm with one another.

Her restlessness is understandable, however, he cannot truly understand it.  "When are you expecting the child to come?"  He asks, unaware of the fact that she has her own question for him.  It immediately sends a wave of dread through him, settling in his chest alongside the guilt he will always carry.  Just like the scars he has.

He chuckles, but it is filled with gloom.  He keeps his eyes ahead.  

"Of my own? No.  My time in Melitusa did not allow me much time to have a family. But,"  he sighs,  "There was a child back in Melitusa, one whose mother I knew.  I helped take care of them"  He can remember the long days, walking to where they lived in the dark tired but excited to see them both.  The gentle smile from the mother and the squeal of pleasure from the child at seeing him.

"The mother and I were simply friends, but I cared for them both in any way I could."  He further explains, knowing that while the mother and he had thought of forming a family together it was not possible.  Then, while may not know Oceane well, he can guess where her next question might fall.  He quickly turns towards her to deflect it.

"I know you might wonder why I left Melitusa when they were there, but I ask that you don't."  His tone is gentle, begging for her not to ask him.  "I will simply say that they left, and so did I."

Fire crackles, they push him to the ground and make him watch.

"I'm sorry that I steered our conversation down such a dreadful path."  He quickly apologizes, hoping that they will be able to salvage it together and turn it towards better things.  "Again I've.. never had children of my own, but I enjoy being around them."  He enjoyed the wonder in their eyes and the smiles they gave so freely.  He sends a soft smile towards her.

"Are you excited?"

@[Oceane]

neamrel

Messages In This Thread
    bound between the tides of the sea - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 01-22-2020, 12:41 PM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 01-27-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: bound between the tides of the sea - by Soran - 02-20-2020, 10:29 PM