• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on a stormy sea of moving emotion; Lilli
    So much lying lately and skirting about the truth.  Was that the root of this resounding headache?  It would be a fitting punishment, she thinks.  And when Lilliana mentions the Gods and their workings just after, she can’t help but take that as a sign of confirmation, as small and exaggerated that may be.  Breckin smiles ruefully, shallow and guarded in appearance, but still warmer than before, thoughtfully considering the childhood musings of the copper woman as she laid them out.

The Breckin a few years back who had a firm grasp of her memories might’ve told her that most stories and lore held a grain of truth within them - it was just a matter of siphoning them out if one was particularly keen in finding the truth they hid.  “I would like to imagine that there are answers hidden out there - somewhere in between those old and new worlds.  I suppose that might mean that I should be looking in the present.”   It wouldn’t surprise her if that scared away her newfound companion - that revelry sounded a bit too fantastically philosophical to her even before she had parted with it.  And yet, she had spoken it out loud all the same.

Clearing her throat a bit and fixing her far off gaze, her dark eyes turned back to find Lilli’s blues, “That would be something though, wouldn’t it?  But unfortunately the Gods take no pity on people like me.”   Not on wanderlusting liars, she thought inwardly.  When she smiles again, it’s grand enough to bring a faint sparkle of mischief into her troubled eyes, “I’ve only come to find cold and dampness that’s making the strands my tail clump rather unceremoniously.”  As if to prove her point, her black tipped, matted tail swung against her protruding rib cage, causing the fog to swirl and dance in its wake.

“What about you, Lilli?  Would the Gods be kinder to you in their game of hide and seek?”

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion; Lilli - by Breckin - 05-06-2020, 03:27 PM