• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - litotes

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He gets under her skin so quickly, like the sharpest of barbs. But then again, maybe he’d never really left. He’s just been sitting there all this time, dormant, like a cancer just waiting to reawaken.

Ophanim’s heart beats inside of her chest, and somewhere, wherever he may be, her heart is twisting and racing inside of his. The way that it did when anger flooded her, when it didn’t just beat fast but it beat hard, like pumping the blood more aggressively would somehow serve as on outlet for all that pent up rage building inside of her.

She has been craving a release.
    She has been a cocked hairpin trigger for weeks on end, just waiting for something to accidentally bump into her to give her a reason to fire. How delightfully perfect that she would turn a corner and run into her favorite target.

And how wretchedly twisted that all this tension, all this anger, was far too reminiscent of the first time they had met.

She only briefly flicks her gaze to Lilt, and for a moment there is guilt; because she sees the confusion on her daughter’s face. Confusion tinged with hurt, because she sees those pretty silver eyes staring at the pale stallion next to her – the one that had been a lion just moments before. She realizes, then, that Lilt had had no idea. She sorts through the tangle of thoughts and manages to string together something that makes sense; the pair of them on the mountain, and Lie never saying a word. Her intense blue eyes dart back to his, narrowing when they lock together. “You never even told her who you were?”

But then he is prodding at old wounds, trying to pick open a scar she had thought to be long since healed. Above, the limbs of the trees begin to shake, their leaves rustling and the wood creaking, and all the while the star-dappled mare struggles to keep control of the urge to splinter all the trees around them apart. He always has had a way of being able to get to her, but she had been so sure that she was long past this point. “Forget you? I wouldn’t forget you, Lie. I don’t want to forget you. I’ve been here, in Sylva, moving on like I’m supposed to. And you? You’ve been locked away who the hell knows where, and you finally come back just to lure some innocent girl – my daughter – back with you.”

She steps forward then, almost entirely forgetting that Lilt exists. She looks at him, doing her best to train her gaze on his eyes, to not let them trail to the silver snowflakes on his nose, or the familiar shape of his jaw. “So why don’t you just tell me, what the fuck you’re playing at.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've got my heart set on anywhere but here - litotes - by Starsin - 01-27-2020, 02:10 AM