• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Vita
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Her feet traipsed gracefully along the breaching waves, cold water beading on her scales when the waves pulled away. It was a dance, the way she struck and flowed with the motion of the water in an ancient rhythm. 

The sun shone warmly on her back as she moved. It was another idealistic day on the island of Ischia, and she was soaking it up with all the giddy enthusiasm of a yearling. Her head tossed up and down in the sea mist, a laugh of pure joy echoing along the shore. She ran the length of it, heels kicking up and out, sand scattering in every direction as she sprinted. 

When her sides were heaving worth exertion and sweat glossed the edges of her scales, she dove beneath the waves to cool off. It felt blissful to let the saltwater ease her hot muscles. At last the wild energy that had possessed her had been worn down, enough that she could lay in the warm sand and watch the waves roll ashore. 

When the thud of wingbeats disturbed the air, she looked up with hope and apprehension. The body that surfed the air currents was verdant and white-patched, with wings that stretched wide to capture the wind. Pteron, she thought at first. But no. The limbs were more delicate, the curve of the body more refined with the bright sunlight outlining it. Not Pteron, but another face she had not seen in quite a while. 

"Vita!" She hollered upwards, leaping to her feet and lifting her body in an air-stirring rear. "Vita, over here!" She called again to the sky borne figure, voice lifting to rise above the crashing waves.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Vita]
    Vita

She had been here..and she had been there...though she calls Ischia home still, she feels a stranger in it. The young teal girl was not one for all the political drama and so when Adria was removed from her position it simply didn't feel like home anymore.

She had been torn, and it was much easier to take flight and venture through all of beqanna...but at the end of the day she would have to return home, and that day was today.

The vibrantly colored girl found herself in the air, soaring above the island she once knew so well. The familiar land brought a smile to her maw, all the memories that came with it.

She had always been drawn to the water, and perhaps it was because most of her friends were water dwelling creatures. Though when she spots another laying in the sand she instantly thinks the worst and expects them to be injured, but as she grows closer she realizes they are just sunbathing.

Alas the fluttering of her wings give away her position. She tries to quietly leave, but when the voice calls her name she instantly knows who it is. How could she forget? But then again they were older, and Aquaria had a much more mature shape.

Vita gentle lands in the sand beside her old friend. Aquaria! her voice is thrilled as she looks over her friend. You look great! Boy has it been a while, longer than she likes to admit really. What have you been up to? She asks out of curiosity.

Fear Controls You

@[Aquaria]
    The seamare turned her face away as the little painted mare came in to land. Long experience with winged equids on her island had taught herb the wisdom in avoiding sand in her eyes when one of them came down on a beach. The grains pattered against the pearl of her scales when they kicked up from beneath her friend's hooves, to be shaken off in the next moment. 

A cheeky smile illuminated her delicately sculpted face as her friend settled herself after the flight. It really had been an age since they had last seen each other. Aquaria had been new to the island, and Vita little more than an island swept filly. Now they both stood as well appointed mares. The wind twisted bi-colored girl's mane was longer than the mermare remembered it, and Vita was taller as well. Yet it felt like only a week ago since they had last met. 

With her own nicker of greeting, she bobbed her head joyfully. "Such a while! Look at you, all grown and galavanting across the world. I'd begun to think you'd forgotten all about wee Ischia." Her tone was light and fizzy, a bubbling laugh threading through it. 

The water lapped at the shore with constant rhythm, tracing ever changing patterns on the sand. It was easy to forget the passage of time on the island. There were no seasons to mark it by, only the waxing and waning moon, the occasional periods of stormy weather that hinted that days were passing. 

The white mare's smile softened at her friend's question. "Oh, nothing unusually exciting. Eat, swim, play, that is the island way." She chimed. "Really though. There's not been much excitement since you were here last. A new queen on the mainland, Eva guides us here now. Children coming and going, a pair of them mine." A helpless sort of shrug rolled across her shoulders. It was so very little, when it got laid out this way. Her life had taken on a sedate rhythm of its own, pleasant if unexciting. Perhaps her upcoming visit to Loess would change that for a while. 

@[Vita]
    Vita

Aquaria, quiet possibly her first friend! There history goes long back, and even though it had been some time since they last saw each other she still feels comfortable around the now mare.

She smiles gently, the memories of there childhood together. Both of them such curious creatures, although Vita assumes Aquarias love for water has kept her near the island where Vita had occupied herself across all of beqanna.

When Aquaria speaks Vita is at ease, the mare not only remembers her, but has a similar remembrance of there friendship. She laughs in response to the pale mare, I could never forget Ischia...or you she says with a smile, her maw reaching out to touch her old friends shoulder.

Even after all this time, Vita finds such comfort beside the water. In this very moment her heart ached for all her water friends, but it also pulls her to the others she has met.

Her eyes glance back to Aquaria as she answers Vita's prior question. She gives the standard response, nothing had changed. A new queen, though Vita knew it it wasn't Adria anymore. Eva? She thinks to herself, she will have to seek her out soon. She knows the name...but has never met her before.

Is Eva kind? She asks as her mind flicks back to the memories of Adria, the once queen who accepted the land dwelling Vita in as her own. Her eyes quickly glance back to Aquaria as she catches the end of the conversation. CHILDREN! Of your own!? Oh wow, I would love to meet them! She wonders who the father is, but dares not to ask.

Having children was normal, so she doesn't know why its such a shock. Vita was still too much of a child herself to have any of her own, although she does have her eye on a certain someone. But she pushes him from her mind giving Aquaria her full attention, What are there names? Do you still live here mostly? She wonders if the children had brought any change for Aquaria.

Fear Controls You

@[Aquaria]
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

The sky and the sea, that was what they were. They reflected one off the other where they met, even if their own depths might never be known. Fins and feathers. As much as Vita assured that she could never forget her or the island, Aquaria harbored quiet doubt. The pegasus mare was as dear a friend as a girl could ask for, but her feet hadn't touched Ischian sands in... Well, the sea mare wasn't sure how long it had been. 

Still, she smiled and enjoyed the moment. Maybe it was the rarity that made the day glow with unusual brightness. She let her body ease against the warm sand as she nodded to Vita's question. "She's lovely. Adria's foster daughter. We're about the same age, she and I." Her fins fluttered in a light breeze as she spoke, the sun warm on her back. A bubble of laughter echoed Vita's own when she responded so enthusiastically to the idea of the fin mare's children. 

It was a bit of a surprise, even to herself. "Mother". She was a mother. With a bewildered smile, her head bobbed. "Yes, yes, I think they'd enjoy that!" She agreed, looking toward the deeper reaches of the island. The island was her children's playground, an exotic wilderness that they could explore without fear. A gift to them and to her. "Halcyon, and Cormorant. And yes, we live here still. As beautiful as the mainland can be, I still couldn't imagine raising my boys anywhere else." 

Home was home. Her shoulders raised in a soft shrug. "Anyway, that's enough about me. How are you? What adventures have your travels brought you?" The winged woman had surely seen things in her time wandering, and Aquaria loved good stories.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Vita]
    Vita

Vita smiles as Aquaria tells her about Eva. She is mentions her being adopted bg Adria and Vita instantly accepts the new ruler. She knows that the island is in good hands, and thankfully the high tensions have since settled. Oh good! She says in response, she would have liked to meet the new ruler...but she won't be living on the island anymore.

But the topic quickly shifts to children and for a moment she wonders what her water friends children look like. The thought of having children of her own has never really crossed her mind, but then again, shes still rather naive.

She introduces them as Halcyon and Cormorant, beautiful names, I look forward to meeting them one day. She extends her neck, gently pressing her muzzle to her friends shoulder. She is sad she missed meeting the young children, but knows that sooner or later she will run into them.

Again, the conversation shifts, this time Aquaria asks about Vita. She smiles, she has done so much since the last two met, made so many friends... Well, I've seen most of beqanna! Made some friends here and there....and as much as I love Ischia, I have decided to settle into Tephra. She spares the details of why she agreed to live in Tephra, only hoping that her friend wouldn't be upset about her move.

Fear Controls You

@[Aquaria]