• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And now, I fall: Any!

Aziz has been wandering around Beqanna for a few days now, once again he has ended up as a nomad, feeling that same emptiness that he had felt when he arrived, with nothing to do and no one to talk to.
    Though at least now he has a son that he can care for and occupy himself with, creating shelters for him and mini obstacle courses that he can learn to navigate through with his echolocation.
    He felt sorry for Tlali, being blind since birth was hard on him, but even so, he admired him for persevering even when the odds seemed to be against him.

This time the bay travels toward Ischia, crossing Tephra, where he had lived before the war, and toward Ischia, standing close to the beach once the tropical island comes into view.

Once again the bay male finds himself sinking into the earth, his legs entrenched in gravel and thick mud as the ground around him begins to rumble, distressed by the abrupt change in magic as Aziz tries to loosen the dirt and shape it.
    The land quietens again and Aziz closes his eyes, the area is momentarily quiet until a sharp needle swiftly and rather abruptly shoots into the sky, it stays there momentarily before cracking at the bottom and falling toward Ischia, landing in the deepest part of the water that separates Ischia and Tephra.

The area is flooded by silence one more time before the water starts to bubble and form swirls in a line toward the tropical island.
    A large mound of dirt rises from the water, covered by sand, algae and small bits of coral, even though the bridge has formed, Aziz decides that he wants to remain as dry as possible, he moves his body and sends a thick sheet of dry dirt barrelling toward Ischia, emerging from the base of the bridge and covering the whole span of the mound, coming to a halt on the other side and gently lacing the wet surface with dry dirt and grass.
    "Perfect," he says as he steps out of the grooves in the ground, making his way toward the bridge,

As he walks across, the bridge behind him collapses in chunks, falling into the water and creating large waves that crash into the tephran beach.
    He also makes sure that when the dirt falls, it returns into place and makes sure the coral is reformed and left undisturbed.
    Once the male is across, the bridge fully disassembles behind him, as if it had never been there in the first place.

The bay walks toward the jungle, hoping to meet someone new and hopefully settle down once again.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

Sorry this is messy cause I can't write anymore lmao
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Eva appreciates another beautiful day that comes to her tropical home. The spring weather was beginning to be a very welcoming addition she looked forward to each morning. Winter was far behind them now. The milder weather was not the purple mare’s favorite time of year. She preferred hotter weather, especially when the tropical island’s temperatures rise during the summertime. However, every day was a beautiful day in Ischia regardless.

The morning had been filled with various activities. Eva had spent a far amount of her mornings now attending to her latest twin children and then handing them off to be looked after to either Velkan or Loire. Today Loire decided to look after the twins. The nereid mare found it nice to have so many children now, especially when it came to look after the younger ones when she had other things to attend to.

Being the guardian of the tropical island wasn’t always so glamorous as some might think. Eva didn’t spend every single moment basking on the beach and enjoying the sunshine every day. There were many things she had to look after, and certainly thinking about the future of Ischia had occupied her mind lately. Since she didn’t carry a foal this year, she was able to focus more on her duties as the Dame.

By the afternoon, Eva found herself moving towards the outer edges of the island. She had been occupied about the unpleasant event that the Loessian mare had faced when visiting. The sea mare understood some of their watery residents were predators but keeping an eye on things had become utmost important to her. With more visitors likely to come visit their tropical home now that the weather was nicer, Eva knew she had to take time ensure their island was secure for visitations.

Coming around the northern bend of the island, the amethyst nereid makes her way with ease across the white sand seashore. Her golden gaze flickers over to her left, looking towards the volcanic mountain within the Tephra territory. For a moment, her thoughts drift to her previous conversation with Ilma. Eva knew eventually she would need to meet with Isilya. However, her attention quickly drifts away from such thoughts as the body of water between their two lands rumbles frantically.

Stopping quickly in her tracks, Eva stares with wide golden eyes. She watches the earth come together, bridging the mainland to their tropical island. The sea mare scrabbles forward, full of curiosity but with deep concern, to get a better look as a dark figure makes it way across the bridge. As the bay stallion walks across, the earth bridge falls apart, sinking into the depths of the ocean and to never be seen again.

Her eyes, glued to the bay figure, follow him carefully as he makes his way onto the shore of her home. Purple ears flick forward and backwards, contemplating and frantically deciding what to do. Eva simply watches him for a moment. She glances to him and then to the bridge that was once there, connecting Tephra and Ischia, and then back to the figure.

The bay moves towards the jungle, she takes several steps toward him, quickly feeling alarmed to warn and protect the other residents. However, the bay settles near the jungle, and she waits to see if he does anything else.

He does nothing, and so the sea woman makes her way to him cautiously. However, a curious and welcoming smile come naturally to her purple features. Eva couldn’t help but be amazed by what she just saw there, but at the same time she hoped he was more friendly than someone here to create destruction.

“Hello!” Her voice rings out like a sweet siren song as she closes the remaining distance between them. The sea mare overlooks the bay stallion, trying to figure out what sort of magical abilities would allow him to make such an amazing structure. “I couldn’t help but admire your grand entrance to our tropical island.” An amused expression takes over her previously warm smile. “I’m Eva, the guardian of Ischia. What is your name?” She asks with a slight tilt of her head, curiously waiting to learn more about the stranger that has come to her home.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aziz]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

The male is greeted by a range of scents and sounds as he halts on the beach, waiting to be welcomed by one of the islanders.
    Aziz enjoys the commotion of the dense jungle, thousands of wild and free souls collaborating together to create a thunderous upswing of sound. His ears swivel and turn to listen to every one of the sounds individually, they all portray a story deep inside the jungle, which the male finds rather intriguing. 
    Below the canopy and on the forest floor, small critters bound over fallen twigs and into burrows, hiding from the barking jaws of pythons and the prying eyes of various predatory birds.

A tincture of unknown aroma passes the male's nose, a pleasing and fruity smell that invites him into the jungle, though before he can become engulfed in a sweet remedy of sound and smell, a voice dances toward him right on cue, his head tilting curiously.

His turn to match the mare is swift, she seems curious but also carries a slight hint of worry.

"Hello," he replies with a bubbly smile, almost matching her song.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Aziz" he responds, his smile genuinely excited to meet someone new and hopefully settle down on the tropical island.

"My apologies if I caused any concern, I didn't really fancy getting my feet wet" he humours "I quite like to build things, I have built walls and bridges for the people on icicle isle, and homes in loess" he mentions, though excludes his partaking in the Tephran war and the prison he built for Loess.

"I was hoping to settle down here if, at all possible, I would be happy to offer my building capabilities and protection. I hope I can make myself useful" he smiles sincerely, hoping to build himself a small house in the jungle for himself and his blind son.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Eva]
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    His matching tone of greeting, warm and bubbly, dismiss the last of her worries. The corners of her mouth lift into the natural smile that easily curves up, matching the curve of her finely chiseled bone structure profile. “A pleasure to meet you as well, Aziz,” she replies with the smile genuine tone. 

At the sound of his next words, her smile spreads into a brilliant grin. It is beautiful and captivating. The dark bay’s stallion magical talent was intriguing. If he could build something like that, then he could create anything. Eva couldn’t help but imagine the structures he could create around Ischia. Bridges and homes sounded like a great addition to the tropical island. There were plenty of islands that could use some bridges and she was sure some residents and guests would love to have some shelter.

Her golden eyes suddenly then dance with enthusiasm as he mentions his interest in settling down in Ischia. Aziz offered his building capabilities and protection. Eva couldn’t find it in herself to say no at all. She quickly decided without thought. Already eager and intrigued to learn more about Aziz.

“Well!” She says with excitement. “I was not expecting someone like you to come all this way here.” A musical laugh escapes through her purple stained lips. “How can I say no to that?” She tells him because certainly places like Loess and Icicle Isle could not either. “I and everyone would be happy to have you call Ischia your new home.” She says warmly because any new face looking to call Ischia home was always welcomed by Eva.

“I accept your apology from earlier. It isn’t every day we get someone that can move the earth like you do.” The purple sea mare chuckles softly. “I suppose it is like the way some of us here can move the water effortless.” It became second nature to her over the years. Without much effort, she could wield the waters that surrounded their island. It was perfect for entertainment but also for times that their home might need protection.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Aziz]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference