• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Rain grey towns; Santana

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Eyas felt the sting of @[Santana]’s punch as she was flying through the air. She’d been holding her breath, trying not to inhale the stench coming from between his teeth and then a faint whoosh lifted her off the ground and sent the scrawny mare flying. Out came the breath - she gasped and landed with a heavy thud, her head spinning while Santana’s claws pinned her to the spot. Et verba mea in aenea et lapidea; his voice was pure energy, rattling her bones. Her rough gold skin felt damp where his breath roasted it, the sensation of his teeth pressing into her felt so very far away. The light in her black gem eyes flared, then dimmed. Her body slumped and was still.

[[Santana.]]

Et nos unum sumus. And we are one.

[[Hear me.]]

Eyas called out for him from the inside where it felt warm and she felt so very strong all of a sudden. It was true: Santana the dragon hadn’t been a match for her from the very beginning. He was stronger and faster, wicked and not to be trusted like her (of course) but still horribly dangerous. Yet for all his claws and teeth, for all the memories he’d unwillingly or unknowingly shared with her, in the end all the scales and fire in this world wouldn’t have been enough. He’s so damn raw and wild, a strength he can wear on his sleeve and Eyas is… nothing like him.

She’s undead. The scruffy pegasus had chosen to isolate herself because of something a magician had shown her once. But it was worth it. The months of barely tethering herself to this plane of existence, of working out methods to consume and steer another living creature’s soul without killing it or hiding it away forever had been painstaking. Santana should consider himself lucky in this moment that his possession will not technically be her first. Only her first where the soul was more than it appeared; he would be her first shifter.

[[Feel how I move through you.]] Her conscious guides him somewhere in the dark. He’s not gone just pushed aside, sort of. Not locked away, oh god no. She’s learned the soul doesn’t cope well in a cage. His willpower and ferocity had been breathtaking, but now the enemy is something he can’t see and her presence inside of his body is so much more than it appears on the outside. It has the kind of ferocity he couldn’t have fathomed just by looking at her. He’d called her a witch. He should’ve listened to his own stinking words. Now he was stuck in a battle of her own design.

[[You will not find this easy to navigate.]] Eyas leaves a warning to his life force. She breathes in and the smell of smoke rakes into her lungs. She breathes out and smiles a crooked, toothy grin. She feels something underneath one… claw. For him she’s made something special in anticipation of this moment: a maze. Reserata carcerem. The infamous prison without locks.

“A dragon’s soul should be free to wander,” and so she would let his soul wander too. After all she was starting to enjoy the sensation of scales on her skin. Make no mistake he was free - free to drift the corridors of her trap or free to fight and try forcing her hand. She hadn’t even begun to move, yet. Hadn’t started thinking about how she might peel apart his dragon-self from his horse. She’d never shifted after all. It could end up being… painful. What did she care anymore?
    She was looking down at herself from above, and Eyas knew right then that she had the strength to give up everything for something she believed in.

Did he?

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Santana - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 09:09 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Santana - 01-22-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Eyas - 01-24-2020, 03:44 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Santana - 01-24-2020, 09:14 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Eyas - 01-30-2020, 07:21 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Santana - 02-10-2020, 04:02 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Santana - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 08:25 PM