• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Gale
    She pulls away from him and he freezes. Hey had always embraced in the memories he has: the three of them had been packed too tightly in the womb to be anything but close. He doubts himself, not for the first time, but then she comes back and he returns to the limbo of knowing and not-knowing where to so often floats.

“There’s no sound,” He tries to explain, “No sound in my memories. No smells, either.” There’s no reason for that, none that he knows at least. The intricate workings of both magic and the self-regenerating brain stem are far beyond Blue’s understanding; why two senses remained missing despite the perfect clarity of his vision. It’s why he’s made up names for them

“And…and I…” The words have only ever existed in his mind before: releasing them into air makes it real. “I was afraid everyone would be gone.”

“I didn’t know how long it had been, and I didn’t know where to look. What if… what if you were all a hundred years dead and all I found was your graves?” What if I found you and all it meant is that I am just as alone as I feared I was? He can’t say that last, even though he wants to, can’t admit to being afraid. It seems that some lessons – like pride – do not require sound to be remembered. He was afraid, and he had let it make him a coward. Even the fairies had known it, and yet he’s shut himself from them as well, acting as though they had not granted him a task. They hadn’t given him an answer, he’s argued with himself; why give him a task when they could have just given him answers?

He has let his eyes fall to the water, and he brings them up to meet her black ones.

“And then I went to Loess and she was there: Mother? And she was…not happy to see me.” He can say that now, as though he did not weep the entire way back to the Island Resort. “Did I…did I do something? I don’t remember.” Sounding like a broken record, he thinks, but despite the suspicion in his sister’s eyes he isn’t ready to give up yet. He might not like the answer, Blue knows, but at least he’ll finally have it.

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 09:32 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 01-24-2020, 07:49 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-06-2020, 09:55 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 11:01 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 02-11-2020, 08:27 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Eyas - 02-19-2020, 03:14 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Gale - by Gale - 03-04-2020, 08:36 AM