• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

She was sure the dream world was supposed to feel strange, but Eyas didn’t mind the pleasant surrealism or the wavy bend at the edge of her vision so much after @[Catcher] slipped out into the open. She felt oddly amused and laughed in a happy mood to see the distinctly marked mare. Not because she’d been right - it was Catcher’s place. No, Eyas laughed at hearing her friends sharp remarks and the way she’d pulled back an invisible curtain to reveal herself.

Reminded her of her own gift, looking without being seen at all.

“I came here for my great-grandmother.” The pegasus decided to cut quickly through a long reply. Catcher sounded curious, and her well-intended compliment struck Eyas in a strangely deeper way than her companion might’ve realized. Her black eyes glinted as they moved in tandem with Catcher’s, both females turning to appreciate what they’d made together. A false reflection of Nerine but incredibly real nonetheless.  Eyas agreed: it was beautiful. “But she’s not here. Not anymore.” Eyas shrugged, holding back a sad grin.

The way she’d said it, that Heartfire wasn’t here anymore… it sounded hesitant. After all Eyas couldn’t know what had become of her relative, only what her vision (or lack thereof) showed her when she did reach out for confirmation. Nothing came back - like Gale, her brother, who’d passed away. Absently, the dream wind curled through her forelock and drug it gently over the buckskin’s dappled cheekbone and up against her black-rimmed ears, and Eyas swallowed a hard lump in her throat.
    There wasn’t any reason to lose hope, though. Heartfire had told her as much once. “The dead aren’t gone.” The black-and-tan mare remembered the Roan Queen saying that day in Taiga, long ago. “You just need to find the right pair of eyes.”

“Also these are my dreams miss nosey? The real question is: what’re you doing here?” Eyas squared her shoulders and wings, taking her eyes off the horizon and turning them on Catcher with a look of contempt.

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM