• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher
    As expected, it hadn’t been the coastal kingdom’s hazardous allure that had drawn Eyas here.  Though stealing a glance at her now, the overo mare begins to think how well her friend fits atop the dramatic cliffs.  This place had an aura of hidden power and stories as deep as the tallest drop into the ocean is high - an aura not unlike the one she sensed that followed the buckskin like an unseen shadow.  Someday, maybe, Catcher might rouse the courage to ask her about it.  

“I’m sorry, Eyas,” she says quietly.   It’s hard to read the other’s emotion when she says it, but she lets it alone, settling on a simple offering and hoping it would be enough.  “Is there something I can do to help you find her?”  Losing track of a family member could be a hard pill to swallow, one she was beginning to understand all too uncomfortably well.  The horned girl had difficulty in remembering how long ago it had been since she’d last set eyes upon her own parents.  Feeling a pang of guilt that she hadn’t tried to find them sooner, she shakes out mane with a flutter of dried leaves falling to the ground. 

The real question is: what’re you doing here?

A fair question.
    She should’ve expected it - a part of her had expected it - but it was a sudden shot out of the blue and a turn of the tables and it’s enough to knock her off of her empathetic kilter.  Catcher dares a look at the shifting pegasus who now looks back at her with such a strange look that she cannot stop her face from heating or her legs to stiffen under the sudden weight of embarrassment settling across her shoulders.

How could she possibly give her an honest answer when she didn’t fully understand how she’d come to be there either?

“I wanted to see you.”  The admittance felt more right leaving her lips than it possibly could’ve felt as a fledgling thought in her mind.   Maybe her subconscious wants had been at fault this whole time for this ‘fluke’,  not a hiccup in her magic; it was one of the few times she’d allowed her mouth the grace to speak before her head could snuff its flame out.  And so she ran with this epiphany, lifting a soft grey gaze up back up to Eyas from where it had fallen, letting her voice fan the spark just a little bit more, “The past couple of times we’ve run into each other has been by chance.  I thought maybe it was time to find you.”

“But if you’d rather be alone I can leave you to your dream with no hard feelings, and I promise it’ll stay a nice one.”  She smiles, unable to keep from dashing a small bit of mischief into her enlightened revelation,  “I have to be a little selfish and tell you that I don’t really want to.”

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 05-11-2020, 10:36 PM