• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Fuck. It’s always @[Catcher] that gets her feeling like this… like she misses who she used to be or something radical. Eyas isn’t sure, she can’t put her finger on it, but she damn well can’t ignore it when the lump blocks her throat and the offer of help - true help from someone who didn’t scare her off - leaves her momentarily speechless. She does consider it, whether or not Catcher could help her in tracking down Heartfire. Maybe there’s something in this ‘otherworld’ that can reveal a bit of the ‘why’ and ‘how’ plaguing the past Queen’s great-great granddaughter, or maybe their search would exhaust her friend’s abilities and lead them somewhere they don’t need to be searching.
    Gods no. Screw that. She wouldn’t dare risk Catcher’s life after the overo had risked her hide to help Eyas so many times before this one.

So the tiny buckskin deflects and turns the tables on her unexpected guest. Eyas reasoned things were easier that way; the less Catcher knew the better. There’s family bullshit going on and it doesn’t concern those who could easily be used against Eyas… which would mean she’d have to admit Catcher meant something to her. That fell under the ‘Screw That’ category. Too raw: better for her dream-snatching bestie to think Eyas was a paranoid freak. “Stay. Cool.” She breathes, realizing she’d been holding that air in for a bit too long.“STAY. COOL.” Eyas bit her tongue, feeling anxiety creeping in. Her effort to try and seem lackadaisical had backfired. Catcher wanted to see her, it turns out. And to put more heat on the flame burning in her dark eyes, Catcher would let her be if she wanted. Catcher would let her go and understand. Catcher would give her space. “Don’t go,” Eyas begged too quickly, dropping the tough act for a moment of vulnerability. The suggestion had barely left the ruddy, spotted mare’s mouth before she’d interrupted. “Please. Stay.” Was all Eyas had, then silence took over for a moment.

The pegasus mare stayed quiet and looked out toward the vast horizon. She lifted her chin and opened her nose, breathing in the smell of a dream she’s sure wouldn’t be complete when she woke up again. After estranging herself from family and Gale’s death, Eyas had been so confused and alone. Her hopes and dreams rested with Heartfire, who’d left before they could ripen into destiny. There wasn’t anyone aside from the unicorn she’d met so long ago in the Forest, and right now the vision manipulator needed her more than she’d ever be willing to admit. “I’ve known you so long and still feel like we’re strangers.” She admitted with a grin. “Can we… change that?”

EYAS

ooc: sorry for mistakes. This is wino Cal making up for sober Cal
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM