• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher
    For a time it’s quiet, neither girl speaking or going so far as exhaling a breath.   Though Catcher watches quietly through muddled grey eyes, solemnly swiveling a lone ear to the few words Eyas offers, she does not feel the prickle of impatience beneath her skin or the itch to press harder.  Aside from the basics of survival and the occasional encounter with a friend, not much in this world is cause to bother her or steers her actions.  She’s never known the devastation of heartbreak or significant loss or  felt the suffocation of deepest fear.  All things considered, the unicorn has had a pleasant existence in Beqanna compared to most and she doesn’t even know it.

But for what little drama there is in her life is made up for in time, and she has an abundance of that to give to her conflicted friend.

“ I don’t think I’ve seen you this quiet before,” she says breathing a long sigh of relief when Eyas asks her to stay.  Unfortunately her ample time didn’t exempt her from the small bit of anxiety that had stayed wedged in her chest from wondering what she was going to do if the pegasus did ask her to leave.  “I won’t press you but you need to know that my offer about helping you find your grandmother still stands.” That little tidbit that the buckskin mare had skipped over hadn’t gone completely unnoticed, and the dreamweaver’s somber expression when she speaks is difficult to uphold in light of the strange thud of her heart against her chest.

“That’s a dumb question,” she replies quickly in jest, a light giddiness effortlessly chasing away what was left of the severe mask she wore just seconds prior.  Laughing, she halved the space between them before daring a reach to brush her ash stained muzzle across the winged woman’s black.  “How do you want to go about changing that? Your dream, your rules.”

@[Eyas] give me wino cal anytime!!

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 05-11-2020, 10:36 PM