• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Eyas had lived for a while on icicle isle and every night she’d had the pleasure of seeing the ribboning color of lights play across the night sky. They were lovely - teal, magenta, sometimes aqua blue as well - and they fascinated her. She’d spent so many sleepless hours standing there, freezing, watching the sun slip past the horizon in anticipation of the nightly display. @[Catcher] took her to them in an instant; Eyas blinked and they’re on top of Hyaline’s most ragged peak, looking up into an impossibly dark sky where the stars had tangled themselves into the same nightlights Eyas watched over and over again.

It was… beautiful.

She wanted to question how long they could stay here, but when Eyas turned back to look at Catcher her friend had disappeared, replaced by the galactic entity hovering in the air nearby. Catching her breath, Eyas blinked a few times just to make sure that her eyes weren’t deceiving her. Could it really be the same mare? This dream, it felt so real and alive to Eyas. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to wake up again. There was the fear that reality would make everything seem impossible. Eyas was afraid she would wake up and not be able to prove that Catcher had really been with her.

“Much.” She only laughed, when asked if this version was the better one. Catcher alighted on the ground near where Eyas had been left standing, her ethereal hooves blending into the earth. The once-painted mare was hard to look away from: every section of her body seemed alive and moving in a delicate, otherworldly dance. “Oh…” Was all she could muster in response at first, and then, “I don’t really ‘dream’.”

It was so hard not to focus on how close Catcher was. All Eyas had to do was lean into her shoulder a bit; her satiny black-and-white wings flattened when they met the resilience of Catcher’s dream-body. “I don’t think I’ve ever told you, but my powers involve seeing what others see. When I dream, I see nothing - and it’s a great relief.” Eyas sighed. She smiled warily, unsure of how Catcher would handle this news. No doubt she’d put two and two together, so Eyas decided to do her best at reassuring her friend.

“I haven’t looked through you, I promise. I can only do it to the willing: the horses who look into my eyes with questions, or the ones I’ve bonded myself with.” She thought of her family, and Santana. Then she bit her tongue. Perhaps she shouldn’t…? But maybe she should. “I… am kind of bonded to you.” Eyas admitted with chagrin.

“But it was an unconscious decision; we were just kids. I didn’t know what I was doing, back then.” She did her best to explain, shuffling around the rocky ledge. “I would never betray your privacy, Catcher. But I do feel you with me… always.” Eyas smiled a brittle grin.

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM