• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher
    As the constellations unravelled and re-wrote itself on an endless loop surrounding them, she felt…different.  Not a bad different at all, just content in a sense she hadn’t experienced before, or dreamt possible.  This was unlike the happiness in the  cherished memories she held of Abysm showing her the world of dreams for the first time, or Kerrigan teaching her how to hunt rodents and insects, or meeting and trying to help new friend along the way.  This was something exciting and unexplored and promising, and thinking about it made her heartbeat inexplicably quicken in her chest.

“Like Look-See?” She asked after a few moments of quiet while straightening her stance. In front of them suddenly sprawls the woods, and a young Catcher finding a young Eyas curled protectively in a ball.  The memory impossibly feels like decades ago and somehow like it had happened just yesterday simultaneously, but that first chance encounter with her longest friend held such a heavy prominence in her mind from that point on, and she was just only beginning to understand why.

She felt it too.

“I believe you, Eyas, and actually, you can look if you’d like to,” she offers, turning a shining  silver gaze at the pegasus while the memory of the two fillies faded, “I wouldn’t mind.”. Truth be told, there wasn’t a whole lot to digest in her visions from the past, just the many faces she’d met and come to befriend along the way: her mother, father, grandmother, Tana, Pteron, Firen, and more… All pleasant for the most part.

But nothing like what was happening now, how she’s  suddenly aware of how her shoulder craved to feel the smoothness of Eyas’ feathers again, and how her body seemed to want to lean just enough to feel the faux heat of her golden coat.  And then consciously, giving into that craving, the night stained mare gently rested against the broad side of the pegasus, careful in her placement not to bar the other woman’s contrasting wings for her to move away if she so desired.  Though the dreamer fervently, selfishly hoped against that.

“I hope that your feeling me with you always is a good thing,” the weaver responds, casting a bright smile to bolster Eyas’ brittle one. “And I’m glad we’re ‘kind of’ bonded,”  she started slowly and softly, her midnight lips hovering just shy of the spot where the curve of her jaw blended with her neck, “But I wonder,  can that become more than ‘kind of’?”
    CATCHER
    caught in the
    afterglow

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM