• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher
    Rendered into silence, the night stained unicorn settled into Eyas’s side.  The admission had come with no thought of consequences behind it, and therefore had not come with the baggage of any preconceived expectations.  In its simplest form, it was what it was.  Though there is a sliver of surprise woven into the fabric of her contemplative mask - a surprise in how heavily weighted and deeply rooted the emotions were behind those words, and a surprise in recognizing the sudden gaping vulnerability it made her feel.  It was uncomfortable, but inexplicably liberating.  

And she marvelled at having discovered such a thing.
    With Eyas.

“I had no idea I felt like this either.” With her eyes turned downcast, her mouth settled into a stoic line.  Her grasp on the pitch coloring that marked her poured away, revealing the shabby unicorn that lied beneath the illusion once again.  It didn’t feel right holding onto it any longer.  

The idea of the seer going off on her own brings a flood of bitterness to her mouth.  It lingers there, in spite of how many times she tries to swallow it down.  The thought of a world without her best friend was ugly and incomprehensible, and it made her heart feel hollow to imagine such a thing.  And she wonders if she should become adamant to join her - would that make a difference? But the expression on her friend’s face is enough to still her tongue.  Jaw clenched tightly against an unseen battle, her unreadable gray eyes rise to scrutinize the faux aurora, as if the answer she sought might be hidden there.  

But an easy answer is not forthcoming in the sways and bends of the lights, and the young unicorn simply nods in agreeance.  She would just have to settle on trust and blind faith to stitch the fraying hole in her heart.  “I’ll wait,” her voice hardly above a whisper, is nearly lost into the tawny gold of Eyas’s neck, “for however long you need.”

Reluctantly, the dreamweaver pulls away slightly, shivering at the brush feathers along her withers.  “Eyas, before you decide if I’m worth returning to, there are some things about me that you should know.” She’d already made herself vulnerable in a way she couldn’t have imagined before tonight, And Eyas had been brave enough to share the darker parts of her life, so why leave the rest of it left unsaid?  “Back in reality, I’m a snake shifter.  I try not to use it often, because...because, it scares me sometimes.  There are impulses and instincts there that I don’t understand yet.  Not like in dreams, where I feel mostly in control.” She steadies herself, thinking back to Kagerus and everything her granddam had selflessly took the time to teach her. “I can also visit the Afterlife through dreams.  The line between dream and death is apparently very blurred.” She pauses to take a deep breath, her expression darkening and suddenly turning serious, her eyes begging the pegasus to understand the magnitude of what her heart was trying to convey. “I’ll know if something happens to you” she says, physically unable to say exactly what that would imply, ”and I can’t promise that if that does happen, I won’t track down what’s-his-face while he sleeps and drag him into the worst parts of the Afterlife myself.”  The world grows calm around them in an eerie reflection of the dreamweaver’s resolve.  

There’s a looming sadness behind that resolve, one that makes her mouth curve into a smile, sad and sweet. Catcher knew she’d have to let Eyas go soon. 
    And she wishes she didn’t.  

The unicorn sighs, long and plaintively,  “Did I just go and ruin the night?”

@[Eyas] I love them.

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 05-11-2020, 10:36 PM