• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Rain grey towns; Catcher

“Yeah, you’d better not let him win,” she threatened (half serious, half in jest), twisting her face into the best bully-esque, menacing, heated stare she could imagine.  Catcher’s sure she’s fallen short of the expression she was aiming for, but it doesn’t phase her, and her features soften to something far more stoic and contemplative.  Truth be told, she had no idea if she could actually pull something like that off as an amateur dreamweaver.  Kagerus had taught her of it, brought the possibilities to light and got her little mind whirring; but the execution was another obstacle entirely - and she just wasn’t sure if she was capable yet.  Hopefully, that’d be a bridge not needing crossed anytime soon.

The gentle pressure on her shoulder is unexpected and Catcher finds herself in a surprising dilemma.  She ought to step away, she ought to do or say something that’ll make walking away easier when the night would inevitably close.  But the dreamer can’t - and she simply just doesn’t want to.  Right now, what she really wanted, was to be so stupidly selfish and just enjoy the waning time her oldest friend was willing to waste on her.  And so her own lips stayed still and she offered no comment about it.  Instead she closes her eyes heavily, accepting and grateful for the expression of comfort and the warmth that had chased away an impending chill.

Eyas goes on to explain the trials involving her own darkness, and fear, and powers.  “Your soul?” the unicorn questioned, turning to regard her with obvious curiosity, wondering how something like viewing your own soul was possible.  But even at a young age, the overo mare had learned that Beqanna was a strange place with strange magic, and she discards the previous thought entirely, knowing fully well that such a thing was definitely in the realm of possibilities in a place like this, along with the other gifts the seer was sharing with her now.

“Did they deserve it?” she asks, letting go of the galactic images that spun around them, and watching has Hyaline’s tallest mountain dissolved back to the sea washed cliffs of Nerine.  The dreamweaver was tiring, the hold on her slumbering magic was beginning to slip, and her limits were being reached; holding onto the images that long had begun to take its toll.  But she held onto the full moon in the sky, feeding it’s pale glow until it shimmered brightly and hauntingly beautiful above the grey sea.  

“I think you’re right though - we all have some darkness in us.”   Her stormy gaze studied the moon where she left it hovering in the pitch night sky; it was impossible for it to burn so brightly without the embrace of darkness.  “But I think we all have a little light too.  And maybe someday we can explore the darkness a little more.  Together."  Smiling, she looked back to Eyas, “After you put down the wolf, of course.”

“And if it makes you feel any better, you’re in great company, at least,” the dreamer said, joining in the pegasus’ laughter with much less bitterness.  Catcher bumped her nose delicately against Eyas’ golden cheek, hoping it’d be taken as a sign of gentle reassurance.  “Apparently I’m a witch too, or at least, that’s what Firen says I am.”

CATCHER
    caught in the afterglow

@[Eyas] i keep telling myself i'm not going to write such a long reply but here we are

Messages In This Thread
    Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 01-22-2020, 10:49 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 01-24-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-07-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 02-23-2020, 04:42 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 04-04-2020, 11:15 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Catcher - 05-11-2020, 10:36 PM
    RE: Rain grey towns; Catcher - by Eyas - 05-17-2020, 08:48 PM