• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you have to lean into the fall, bethlehem
    SabbatH
    i'll let you play the role. i'll be your animal.
    The blood has hardly dried to her face when she sets out for Taiga. The twins are nestled down in their den in Tephra with their bellies full, leaving her time to hunt. Tarnished hasn’t been home all day but she doesn’t worry over it for now. There’s already so much hurt turning like a slow storm in her veins that she can hardly consider anything else she might need to fret over. And besides, her parents will watch over the twins as well as Dacre if her mother has sensed the agony tearing through her.

She moves northeast and there are angry tears spilling down her cheeks. The jungle gives way to ancient trees and colder weather, marking the change from Tephra to Taiga.  Sabbath pauses only to sniff the air for his scent and then she tracks him with a ravenous hunger thrumming in her veins. Bethlehem. If he is with Adna, she’ll kill them both. Only blood may answer for blood. But when she finds him he is alone, vulnerable and weak. A hiss forms in her throat.

Bethlehem. Where is your daughter? Do you even know?” She wastes no time attacking him, stepping closer until she’s right in his face with her sharp teeth bared. “If I find that wretch Gospel before you do, I’ll eat her. I’ll fucking eat you all.

Her shoulders tremble as she tries not to harm him before she’s done speaking.

Prayer is dead because of her. My firstborn child is gone and it’s all your fault! You couldn’t father either of them!

She snaps her teeth on the words, inches from him so her sobs breathe across his skin. Sabbath wishes Nish was here to catch her so her knees could collapse beneath her the way they want to. But he isn’t and so she tells herself to be strong, for now.

Why? Why did you have to ruin my life?” she begs, tears still darkening her cheeks.
    @[bethlehem]