• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  now our livingroom set is ruined!

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She is a beautiful, terrible thing when she’s angry.

It’s been a long time since she last had an outlet – a real one. She could explode trees and boulders, watch their debris rain like confetti. She could manipulate and toy with strangers, maintaining that saccharine sweet smile as their minds boil.

But it’s not enough.

The tempest that brews inside of her chest has been slowly gathering strength as time ticks on, but finding out that Malone had been stolen would be the catalyst for her loss of control.

She loves all of her children, but her first born would always be a different kind of special to her. Because he was the first physical, tangible thing that she had to show of the love that existed between her and Ophanim, back when she was afraid that it was not real. Because he was her first chance to prove that she would not be like her own mother. Because he was undeniably perfect in all the ways that she could never be, and she would shatter entire galaxies for him if she needed to.

She is seething when she arrives in Loess, and she does not have time to register the feeling of relief that stepping back onto this red soil brings her. Because she is too busy trying to contain this tumultuous storm that craves to be unleashed, when she looks for the wretched creature that she knows will be her target, and for the angelic form of Ophanim.

The dueling pair land in her crosshairs, and she surges forward when she sees the horned boy go for her husband’s throat. Her mind flashes back to the shadows and smoke of Tephra, and to the diamond-encrusted dragon tearing into her angel boy. This time is different, though, because she knows exactly what she is capable of, and she has honed her skills to almost the ultimate level. She knows she could shatter any piece of him with hardly a bend of her mind. She knows she could collide with him the way she had the dragon girl and she would revel in the feel of his blood and flesh warm against her skin.

But just as she draws close enough, Draco flashes through her mind, and she falters.

He has already suffered so much, and if she had failed anyone as a mother, it was him and Dove. Even though her mind so desperately tries to remind her that this draconic monster had stolen Malone, and that he deserves every ounce of pain that she could set upon him, she cannot risk upsetting her other son by murdering the only constant companion he had besides his sister.

And so she swerves, and instead of colliding with the intent of a full explosion, she latches onto the remaining healthy wing. With a swift jerk of her head she pulls, and with a precision that could only come from years of practice, she shatters the wing just as she releases it.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-05-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by Starsin - 02-07-2020, 01:06 AM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM