• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  now our livingroom set is ruined!

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Perhaps one of her greatest faults – and she has so many of them – is how quickly she can shut herself down when she needs to. How she can turn her heart to stone, how she can hurt anything and anyone without an ounce of guilt. How she can shatter his wing and feel absolutely nothing as he writhes on the ground, how his blood sprayed across her face stirs nothing inside of her. She can flip her empathy off like a switch, and as far as she is concerned, this wretched beast deserves none of hers. She has hurt those that she truly cares about without a second thought; there was no reason for her to show him any mercy.

When her eyes catch Ophanim’s, and she recognizes the look of hesitation on his face, that is the only thing that makes her stop. The only thing that refocuses her tunnel vision, the only thing that draws her away from destroying Ghaul completely. 

She lets him struggle to his feet, her eyes hard and fury still brimming in the lines of her face as she hisses in response to his threat, “And I’ll fucking kill you if you do.” He stumbles away, and she does not tear her gaze from his retreating form until he has fully disappeared from view. She watches him, trembling with the adrenaline that still begs for release, her pulse pounding in her ears as she fights to regain some semblance of calm now that the threat of danger has passed.

Ophanim exhales, and the sound stirs her from her furious stupor, and when she looks at him – the sadness in his eyes, and  the blood on his golden skin – she can feel herself deflate. “You didn’t do anything wrong,” but her voice sounds flat, and she flinches inwardly at her own frigidity. Coming alongside of him she gently reaches to guide his face away from the bloodbath they had left on the ground, her lips lingering across his cheek as she repeats in a tone that is much softer, “You didn’t do anything wrong, angel. And we’ll get Malone back, I promise.” She clenches her jaw, trying to not think of Malone being trapped in Pangea; trying to not think of what Ghaul might do to him in retaliation to what had just happened.

With a sigh she ducks her head to slip beneath his wing, her silver body resting against his, the way she alway does. They are a storm of emotions, both of them, and she can feel how troubled his heart is inside her chest, and it feels like a knife between her ribs, because she doesn’t know how to fix it.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-05-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by ghaul - 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM
    RE: now our livingroom set is ruined! - by Starsin - 02-23-2020, 01:57 AM